Friday, January 17, 2020

A rose, caffiene and LOTS of dust bunnies!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! This has been a long, busy week that at times seems like it has dragged on and on. I have babysat my niece and nephew the last 2 days as they don't have school. Then it is straight into babysitting A. Then tutoring. Then a late dinner. I am tired. However, it is all good.  

Today has been an okay day so far even though I am still tired. I came home from taking kids to school to find that Bill had bought me a rose and a frappuchino from Starbucks. He was in the doghouse, so he was telling me he was sorry ;) 



Then the mail came and we received a $5 gift card to Wendy's from Geico for answering a survey a month ago. 


One benefit of having Lacie and Ethan here is that it has forced me to get some things done around here. One of the things on my to-do list that I have been putting off is cleaning out our small curio cabinet in the dining room. I noticed when I went to get our fancy dishes out for New Year's Eve, that there was a lot of dust in the cabinet and it smelled like dust. 

So today I decided to take everything out and give it a good clean. Also I went through everything in there and if it didn't bring a smile to my face then it went into a donate pile-- I donated 2 dolphin figurines. If it was broken it went into the trash-- there were 2 ornaments and a couple of shells that were broken. 



It was gross. There were so many dust bunnies in it, beside it and behind it. 



It only took me about an hour to clean it all out, dust everything, Windex the glass shelves, move the cabinet away from the wall and sweep and dust behind it and beside it. 



Now when I come into the dining room from the kitchen I smile as I see it nice and clean! 



As for the rest of the day... well I will babysit "A" here in about 20 minutes or so. Then I have to pick the kids up from school. Tonight I am supposed to go out to dinner with a friend. Looks like we are also supposed to get some winter weather tonight too. *In fact they just issued a winter weather advisory from 9PM tonight to 3PM tomorrow for snow and ice. Lovely. Not. 

This weekend, the boys are supposed to have basketball games tomorrow.  I need to do laundry as it has piled up this week. I need to finish Benjamin's Reconciliation book with him as he has his first Reconciliation on Tuesday. AND the kids need to paint their pine wood derby cars for Tuesday. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. Oops. Just means life will continue to be busy. 

How's life where you are? Is there an area that needs some deep cleaning in your house? 

6 comments:

  1. We've had an ice storm all day here. At some point, it's supposed to turn back to rain but I'm still waiting. Did give me and the kids a bonus day at home as every school district cancelled (and thankfully, most of them last night so no early a.m. alarms!). Feel like I should have finished my kitchen cleaning project instead of reading all day. Your curio cabinet looks great! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. Yeah I woke up today to everything covered in ice. Still waiting to hear if they have cancelled basketball games today. You get no judgement from me on reading instead of cleaning. Some days you need days like that. :)

      Delete
  2. You have 3 young kids. Your life will be chaos for a while, but meanwhile enjoy the spotless curio and all the fun you have with the kids. Speaking as one on the other side of kids at home, once they leave you have a lot of time but miss all the chaos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and I do enjoy the chaos. The curio was just annoying me so glad to have a chance to get that done. Although I can also look at it as it got that way because I was living life with the kids and not focused so much on the dust bunnies. :)

      Delete
  3. What Anne said! You do a great job balancing it all. Who cares about dust bunnies when there's adventures with your kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment about balancing it all. There are times I feel like I am doing horrible at balancing it all. And normally I don't care too much about the dust bunnies, however the curio had been nagging me since NYE so it was nice to have a chance to clean it out.

      Delete