Sunday, January 5, 2020

What we ate and what we will eat! (Week 1 of 52)

Happy Sunday! I mentioned in my goals post for 2020 that I wanted to lose weight this year and practice carb-cycling as one of the ways to achieve this. One of the easiest ways to get sidetracked from carb-cycling is by NOT making a menu plan each week. So I want to start keeping track of what we are eating and what I am planning on making for dinner for now.

I plan on carb-cycling my way. I am not counting specific amounts of carbs. Instead on low carb days I will be not eating processed carbs--ie. bread, donuts, candy, etc. I will also be limiting the amount of pop that I drink on those days. (ideally I would like to cut out drinking pop but I am being a realist!) I will not though limit the fresh fruits and vegetables on low carb days. So with that in mind, let's talk about food. 

What did we eat last week? 

(I started keeping track on January 1 so we shall go from there.) 

Wednesday, January 1-- High Carb Day--- Baked Garlic Butter Pork Loin-- This was a new recipe that I tried. I made it with pork loin instead of tenderloin because that is what I had in the freezer. It took about 2 hours to cook but was super yummy. I will be making this recipe again. I served it with coleslaw, mashed potatoes and sautéed green beans (which was another new recipe).  


Thursday, January 2-- Low Carb Day--Meatball subs, salad and leftover green beans from the first. I had my meatball sub on a zucchini instead of on a bun to keep it lower carb. :) 




Friday, January 3-- High Carb Day--Make your own pizzas and salad for me. 



Saturday, January 4-- Low Carb Day-- Baked salmon, fish sticks for the kids, broccoli, baked potatoes (for Bill and the kids), salad. 
The salmon was a new recipe and it was okay. It wasn't the greatest I have ever had or the worst. 




What's the menu plan this week? 

Sunday, January 5-- Free Day-- chicken fajitas with chips and salsa

Monday, January 6--High Carb Day-- Crockpot Potato Soup and crackers

Tuesday, January 7--Low Carb Day--Scrambled Eggs, bacon, and waffles (for Bill and the kids)

Wednesday, January 8-- High Carb Day-- Smoked Sausage and Potato Bake and green beans

Thursday, January 9-- Low Carb Day-- Chicken Drumsticks, Augratin Potatoes (for Bill and kids), Veggies

Friday, January 10-- High Carb Day-- Tony's Pizza and Fruit or salad

Saturday, January 11-- Low Carb Day--I am thinking date night with Bill. Kids will have mac-n-cheese and a veggie. I am thinking steak, green beans, baked potato (for Bill) and sliced cucumber for me. 


What are you eating this week? 





13 comments:

  1. Interesting plan. Can you say mire about the differenc in Jan 8 and 9 when one is low and other high? Both have potato but is it meat choice or do you just skip eating potato on low carb day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for catching that! LOL I won't eat the potatoes on the 9th.

      Delete
  2. You can tell me to mind my business but as a diabetic a lot of what you are eating is low carb. My dietitian doesn't have me count veggies except starchy ones with carbs. If your following a me to diet that is different

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't need to mind your own business. :) I appreciate the input. This past week was a week on the new plan. :) Before the new year many nights our dinners were pasta based, subs, hamburgers on buns with fries, or lots of potatoes incorporated. Also as I have been looking at my diet many of my issues come with the snacking (lots of sugar and processed carbs) and breakfast and lunch area. Unlike many carb cycling diets I am not counting veggies and the only vegetable I am avoiding on low carb days are potatoes and corn. I keep track of what I am eating all day, just am sharing dinners here. Maybe I need to start sharing everything? I don't know.

      Delete
    2. Boy I should have checked better, my kindle auto corrected and it should have been keto diet at the end. That makes more sense.

      Delete
  3. I did good for a while with carb cycling. Looks like you've got a great plan there that you can adjust easily for yourself without cooking a bunch of different things. Trying to clear out our kitchen a bit and be a bit more frugal over here so trying to plan in some leftovers like turkey today and then turkey sandwiches on Wed. We'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to meal plan out of our freezer and be more frugal as well. I have to say that in the last month or so I have started eating leftovers for my brunch meal. I tend not to be hungry/ eat until closer to 10:30-11:30 in the morning and my afternoons are so busy that I don't eat a lunch. Good luck!

      Delete
  4. Stick to cool pinks, blue-reds, and plummy shades, all of which help to make your teeth look whiter, since they are cooler colors. Remember that really bright shades, no matter the tone, will draw attention to your mouth--and your teeth.satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like a lot of things in life, there is a risk involved with investing in the stock market. However, if you first invest your time in educating yourself about stock investments, you can minimize that risk. satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Encourage earthworms in your soil. Earthworms make for healthy soil by eating the soil and thereby aerating it in the process. They also leave behind their castings, or vermicast, which is a great organic nutrient-rich fertilizer. The vermicast also retains water and nutrients better than soil without worms.
    satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete