Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Update #3 of 12 goals for 2020

Happy Wednesday! I am the midst of a cold, busy week but I thought I would pop on here for a few to do my update on my 2020 goals before I get to babysit "A". So how did I do last week? 

1. Read at least 5 chapters in a book a week
I am happy to say that I finished The Hundred-Foot Journey by Richard C. Morais. I started reading St. Rita of Cascia: Saint of the Impossible by Fr. Joseph Sicardo, O.S.A. (So far I am 68 pages in). I am finding time to read before bed instead of playing games on my tablet or watching T.V. And on another note, I added a page to this blog (up at the top under the header) to show the books that I have read this year. If you click on the heading it will take you to that page where you can see all the books I have read this year! :) 


2.Exercise 5 times a week. 
Um...back to 0 days :(   

3.Carb-cycle. 
I didn't do very well on this last week. By the end of the week I found myself snacking more and craving things like wheat thins on low carb days. Will try again this week.

4. Lose weight
I started at 256 pounds! Last week I was 254.4. This week I was back up to 255.6. :(  

5. At least 2 date nights with Bill each month
Nothing this week. Total for January 2020: 2 specific date nights so completed for January.


6. Self-care. 
Gave myself permission to rest on Saturday after waking up with a huge headache. 

7. Bake a treat for the family at least 2 times a month 
This goal was already completed for January entering this week. However, I did make a chocolate cake (which Rebecca decorated) and pumpkin bread for breakfasts. 




8. Declutter every room in the house. 
I decluttered and deep cleaned my desk on Monday. It looks so much better! 

Before

After


9. Go on a family vacation with Bill and the kids.
We have talked about this and may have an idea and dates to consider. Now to see if we can financially make it work. 

10. Be more social. 
I went out to dinner with a friend. I need to text another friend to find a date to have a game/taco night.    

11. Utilize Swagbucks to earn gift cards to help with gift giving costs. My goal is to get at least 20 Swagbucks a day. Last week I earned 505 swagbucks which averages to around 72 a day for last week! 

12. Write on this here blog at least 3 times a week
Including today I have written 4 times over the last week. :) 

So some good things and some bad things as far as progression this week! If you are working on goals for the New Year how are you faring? Hope you have a great Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are coming right along on your goals! When I tried the low-card thing and had to have that CRUNCH of something, I noticed store bought croutons are surprisingly pretty low-card (as long as you don't eat the whole bag ;)). Your desk area looks great. I really need to give the top of my computer desk a little more love some time very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie of "The Hundred Foot Journey" was very good too so you might want to watch that too.

    ReplyDelete