Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Update #2 of 12 goals for 2020

Happy Wednesday! This morning started out foggy, but the fog has lifted. Now it is just cloudy and gloomy out today. Yesterday felt so much like a Monday even though it was a Tuesday. This morning I made a quick run to the grocery store. I was going to go tomorrow but I happened to check my calendar and forgot that I have my niece and nephew tomorrow and Friday so I thought I would get it done. I have also done a few things on my cleaning to do list. With that being done, I thought I would pop on here for a few to do my update on my 2020 goals. So how did I do last week? 

1. Read at least 5 chapters in a book a week
I am happy to say that I finished reading Under Currents by Nora Roberts. I started AND finished reading The Return of the Dragon Queen by Farah Ommerbhoy.  

 

I started reading The Hundred-Foot Journey by Richard C. Morais yesterday and I am 3 chapters in. 




 
2.Exercise 5 times a week. 
I took a walk with Bill and the kids one day. I also walked the boys to school yesterday. So 2 days! Better than 0 days I guess.  

3.Carb-cycle. 
I did pretty good on this I definitely snacked less than on high carb days. I will say that that low carb day on Thursdays is proving to be a challenge. 

4. Lose weight
I started at 256 pounds! This week I weighed in at 254.4. So a loss of 1.6 pounds. I will take it. 

5. At least 2 date nights with Bill each month
I made a special steak dinner for Bill and I this past Saturday.


6. Self-care. 
Giving myself the permission to rest on Saturday instead of going-going-going. I also finished watching "The Crown" Season 3 this week.  

7. Bake a treat for the family at least 2 times a month 
I made chocolate chip cookie bars for the family on Sunday. So with the cookies last week and the cookie bars this week I have completed this goal for January! 


8. Declutter every room in the house. 
I decluttered our mud room closet and found a coat and several pairs of shoes that the kids outgrew to donate. I also pulled a couple things out of my closet to donate. I need to get them boxed up and drop them off.  

9. Go on a family vacation with Bill and the kids.
We have talked about this and may have an idea and dates to consider. Now to see if we can financially make it work. 

10. Be more social. 
Nope. Although I do have a dinner tentatively scheduled out with a friend.   

11. Utilize Swagbucks to earn gift cards to help with gift giving costs. My goal is to get at least 20 Swagbucks a day. Last week I earned 142 so I met that goal even though a couple of days I didn't get to work on it at all.

12. Write on this here blog at least 3 times a week
Including today I have written 5 times over the last week. :) 

So I am very happy with my goals progresses this week! If you are working on goals for the New Year how are you faring? Well, it is time to go make some lunch and get ready for my busy afternoon of babysitting and tutoring! Hope you have a great Wednesday! 

6 comments:

  1. I think you are doing great! Reading your updates makes me think I should update my 20 in 2020 at least monthly maybe to try and stay on track :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing that I am planning to update each week definitely keeps them in the back of my mind.

      Delete
  2. Nice goals Rachel. I think everyone has to have a plan of some sort or you(well, me at least) just flounder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps to have the plan to post this every week. Makes the goals stay in the forefront of my mind.

      Delete
  3. it can be hard to move and somewhat painful to start a weight loss program, both physically and mentally. One thing that helps is having a plan and sticking to it. Here are a few things to keep in mind as you start to lose weight.
    satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another good practice is to check your weight often. This will prompt you to renewed effort. Motivate yourself this way to keep trudging on towards your goals.
    satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete