Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Update #1 of 12 goals for 2020

Happy Wednesday! Today I am procrastinating on doing laundry and some other needed chores. I took the kids to school, went to Kroger to get some bananas and then home. I have done a few things on my to do list but not everything. I am finding it hard to get motivated. I think that it is the weather here. It is cold, cloudy and there are some snow flurries flying around. I am trying to enjoy the flowers that Bill surprised me with yesterday morning. Glimpse of pretty on a dreary winter day!



The weather people say that it is supposed to be close to 70 this weekend with heavy rains and possible flooding. Crazy way to start 2020.  

Speaking of 2020, the first full week of the new year is now over. So let's see what/ if any progress on my 12 goals was made.

1. Read at least 5 chapters in a book a week
I am happy to say that I read 10 chapters this week. I am currently reading Under Currents by Nora Roberts (this was a Christmas present from Bill.)

 
2.Exercise 5 times a week. 
Um... does thinking about it count? LOL 

3.Carb-cycle. 
I did pretty well on this. I did end up eating a couple cookies yesterday (which was a low carb day) but other than that I did okay. 

4. Lose weight
I haven't weighed myself this week. 

5. At least 2 date nights with Bill each month
This past weekend we spent several evenings playing Rummy after the kids went to bed. 

6. Self-care. 
I gave myself a pedicure this week. 

7. Bake a treat for the family at least 2 times a month 
I made chocolate chip cookies over the weekend much to my family's delight. They were from a mix as I can never make chocolate chip cookies from scratch that turn out. 

8. Declutter every room in the house. 
Right before the new year, we took a ton of stuff to Goodwill (10 trash bags and 4 boxes full). I also have a lot of shoes that Rebecca outgrew to donate this weekend. 



9. Go on a family vacation with Bill and the kids.
We have talked about this and may have an idea and dates to consider. Now to see if we can financially make it work. 

10. Be more social. 
Nope. Nothing here.  

11. Utilize Swagbucks to earn gift cards to help with gift giving costs. My goal is to get at least 20 Swagbucks a day. 
Over the previous week I have earned 674 Swagbucks so I say that that is more than meeting my goal. 

12. Write on this here blog at least 3 times a week
Including today I have written 6 times :) 

So some of these things are going really well. Others not so much. I don't think that is too shabby. Now let's see if I can keep that pace up as life has gotten back to normal with all the kids' activities and craziness. 

If you are working on goals for the New Year how are you faring?  

15 comments:

  1. Must be something about laundry and procrastination that go so well together ;) Came down here to change out the laundry and somehow ended up on the computer. Sounds like you are doing great with your goals especially since you are just one week into the year! Very pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to say that the laundry still isn't done...maybe tomorrow ;)

      Delete
  2. You are rockin' it. Rachel!!!!
    I did exercise twice. If you count sitting down arm exercises! But I did use weights! LOL
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sitting down arm exercises totally count! And you get extra credit for using weights! :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on all your successes! I am trying to get back on the keto wagon, Christmas almost did me in. Exercise? Yes thinking about it counts. I am going to tell myself that every day at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay on agreeing that thinking about it counts! :)

      Delete
  4. Great start of the new year! You've done great this week! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. invest your time in educating yourself about stock investments, you can minimize that risk. satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Treat your roses! To naturally remedy black spots on roses in your organic garden, use milk! For some unknown reason - using a 1:2 ratio mixture of milk and water - has been shown to get rid of black spots! Use a spray bottle to apply the mixture directly to the leaves of the affected plant.
    satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is important to get exercise, as this is an essential component to weight loss, in addition to your diet. Also, you will feel refreshed after coming back from the gym.
    satta king
    play bazaar


    ReplyDelete
  8. Rather than targeting a specific number of pounds, use how your clothing fits or your stamina as an indicator. It is easy to lose motivation if the scale is not moving quickly enough, but by keeping focus on how much better you feel, you are more likely to stick with your weight loss plan.
    satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete