I can't say that I am sad to see 2019 go. I faced many challenges and it felt like my life was a constant pressure cooker. My family faced a lot of challenges- with family issues, work issues, health issues, etc. So I wasn't sad to see 2019 go.
Before it left though we did give it a proper send off. We had our traditional fancy appetizer dinner with our fancy china. The kids look forward to this every year. This year it was nice even with a couple of us coughing through dinner ;)
2020 is starting.
Time for a new start. Time for a new year. Time for goals and resolutions to be placed all around the blogosphere. So I will add to those posts by doing my own goals post of the year. I have decided that I want to be really accountable this year, so I will be planning to do weekly goal progress posts (I saw the idea on one of my favorite blogs to read "Mavis Butterfield's One Hundred Dollars a Month") I have various categories that these goals fall in-- health, relationships, personal, money-saving, etc.
So in no particular order, here are my goals for 2020:
1. Read at least 5 chapters in a book a week. Ideally this would be a chapter a night but life happens and I want to make this reachable. I have gotten out of the habit of reading and instead have been playing games on my kindle. I want to get back to reading.
2.Exercise 5 times a week. I have a variety of options for this one-- if the weather is good- walk or ride my bike. If the weather is crappy- I have exercise dvds and the wii fit program to use.
3.Carb-cycle. I did this a few years ago and it helped me lose weight and I felt better. I will have to step up my menu-planning but I have a plan to do this.
4. Lose weight. I am the heaviest that I have been (if you don't count when I was pregnant with the kids). My stretch goal is to lose 50 pounds this year. My realistic goal is to lose 20 pounds.
5. At least 2 date nights with Bill each month. At least 1 date night with Bill a month out, and at least 1 date night a month at home.
6. Self-care. Do something in terms of personal care/pampering at least 1 time a week (this could be giving myself a pedicure, taking an Epsom salt bath, etc.)
7. Bake a treat for the family at least 2 times a month (even if it is just from a mix in my cabinet). This is to save money at the grocery store by buying less processed stuff.
8. Declutter every room in the house. Donate and get rid of stuff. Minimize and simplify.
9. Go on a family vacation with Bill and the kids.
10. Be more social. Go out for a girl's night/ have friends over/ host an open house game night? Sometimes I feel like we live in a bubble and this would help get involved with friends and step outside of our comfort zone.
11. Utilize Swagbucks to earn gift cards to help with gift giving costs. My goal is to get at least 20 swagbucks a day. That would equal enough to earn a $5 Amazon card a month. I want to start small and then go from there.
12. Write on this here blog at least 3 times a week. I am hoping to get into some sort of a rhythm here. I still want to be able to write about things going on, but maybe there will be definite themes to some days... I am not sure what it will look like but I am thinking through this.
So there you have it. My 12 goals for 2020. So goodbye 2019. Hello 2020-- Let's do this! :)
Do you have goals to share? What are you hoping to accomplish in 2020?