Sunday, January 19, 2020

What we ate and what we will eat! (Week 3 of 52)

Happy Sunday! Today has dawned super cold-- wind chills are at -4 this morning. We were up and out early as it was my PSR classes turn to do the readings at 8:00AM mass. Then we had PSR class. After class, the kids and I ran a few errands-- Walmart to pick up a prescription, rubbing alcohol, and clorox wipes; Lowes to get a refrigerator light bulb; and Kroger to get milk, bread, hot dog buns and fruit. Now we are home and I made the kids mac-n-cheese for lunch. Later this afternoon, they will paint their pine wood derby cars and I will work on tutoring plans. I also hope to be able to do some reading and later watch the Packers/49ers game. But first I wanted to share our meal plan for this week. 

For those who may be new here: I mentioned in my goals post for 2020 that I wanted to lose weight this year and practice carb-cycling as one of the ways to achieve this. One of the easiest ways to get sidetracked from carb-cycling is by NOT making a menu plan each week. So I want to start keeping track of what we are eating and what I am planning on making for dinner for now.

I plan on carb-cycling my way. I am not counting specific amounts of carbs. Instead on low carb days I will be not eating processed carbs--ie. bread, donuts, candy, etc. I will also be limiting the amount of pop that I drink on those days. (ideally I would like to cut out drinking pop but I am being a realist!) I will not limit the fresh fruits and vegetables (with the exception of white potatoes) on low carb days. So with that in mind, let's talk about food. 

What did we eat last week? 

Sunday, January 12--Free Day--Soft tacos, corn, chips and salsa or queso




Monday, January 13--High Carb Day--Potato soup and crackers (got bumped from last week)




Tuesday, January 14--Low Carb Day--Alice Springs Chicken, salad, broccoli. Bill and the kids had leftover macaroni and cheese from Saturday night and mixed veggies instead of broccoli. I had leftover green beans from Saturday night instead of broccoli. 




Wednesday, January 15--High Carb Day-- Pasta bake (from freezer) and a veggie-- No photo-- I know the kids had the pasta bake. I think I had a sandwich. That was a really long day and I honestly don't remember.

Thursday, January 16-- Low Carb Day-- bratwurst, corn, french fries (for Bill and kids), sweet potato fries for me. 
This ended up being a LONG day. I cheated off the low carb day when I had a sandwich for lunch as I was feeding my niece and nephew. Oops. Also snacked way too much on m&ms and walnuts. Double oops! For dinner I didn't make the sweet potato fries as they had more carbs than regular fries. I just didn't eat any fries. 




Friday, January 17--High Carb Day-- Make your own pizza and salad. Kids and Bill had pizza. I went out to dinner with a friend at a local Mexican place. I had a chicken and sausage dish (which I didn't photograph) and a yummy frozen margarita.



Saturday, January 18-- Low Carb Day--Whole chicken in crockpot, sauteed green beans, stuffing (for Bill and kids), salad-- we had this without the salad as the bagged salad I had bought went bad :( I made corn instead. I was also craving chocolate cake, so I made one and Rebecca asked to decorate it! It was yummy! 




What we are eating this week....

Sunday, January 19-- Free Day--Chicken Tikka Masala, naan, and rice for Rebecca, Bill and I. Leftovers for the boys.

Monday, January 20-- High Carb Day--Chicken alfredo pasta bake with peas

Tuesday, January 21-- Low Carb Day--Hot dogs, baked beans and salad

Wednesday, January 22-- High Carb Day--Meatloaf, veggies

Thursday, January 23-- Low Carb Day--Sauteed tilapia, veggies 

Friday, January 24-- High Carb Day--Pizza and fruit

Saturday, January 25-- Low Carb Day-- ??? Not sure yet. 

What are you eating this week?

7 comments:

  1. Did you know that white potatoes, once cooled, do not have the high glycemic index of hot potatoes. After cooling in refrigerator, they can be heated up to 120 degrees or something and they will still be low glycemic. Or something like that...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. I didn't know that. Something for me to think about, although I don't like cold potatoes at all. LOL

      Delete
  2. Meals all look tasty. I need to cut sugar and white carbs, but so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!
    And meal planning is so helpful!
    I am trying to watch my food too.
    But oh how I love a good dessert! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes a good dessert is well worth it! :)

      Delete

  4. Hey Guys!!! I got my ATM blank card from Certified Hackers from ITALY. My blank ATM card can withdraw $1,000 to $150,000 daily i know its sounds too good to be true but i am sharing this info because i got this said blank ATM card after i was ripped off by two fake hackers from Nigeria; YES' Its true that scammers are out that ripped me off until i finally got hold of this hackers from ITALY that delivered the card to me after i paid the purchasing fee for the card, now i have more than enough to spend and planning on getting a home for myself soon. This card has been functioning for over a month now and everything seems like magic because I've enough for me & my 2 kids. Thanks to MAJOR SUCCOUR from ITALY that mailed the card to me within 72 hours, get in touch with this hacker to become rich & i bet you no gimmicks!! They are REAL.. Get one from them by reaching out to this email address: dr_williamthomas78@mail.com

    ReplyDelete