Sunday, January 12, 2020

What we ate and what we will eat! (Week 2 of 52)

Happy Sunday! (In full disclosure I am writing this up on Saturday night to post early Sunday. We have a high wind warning starting in a bit going through tomorrow morning, so I am anticipating that we may lose power. I am hoping we don't but the likelihood is good. It has been raining all day today and it has gotten close to 68 degrees! Tomorrow the high is supposed to be like 40.) 

I mentioned in my goals post for 2020 that I wanted to lose weight this year and practice carb-cycling as one of the ways to achieve this. One of the easiest ways to get sidetracked from carb-cycling is by NOT making a menu plan each week. So I want to start keeping track of what we are eating and what I am planning on making for dinner for now.

I plan on carb-cycling my way. I am not counting specific amounts of carbs. Instead on low carb days I will be not eating processed carbs--ie. bread, donuts, candy, etc. I will also be limiting the amount of pop that I drink on those days. (ideally I would like to cut out drinking pop but I am being a realist!) I will not limit the fresh fruits and vegetables (with the exception of white potatoes) on low carb days. So with that in mind, let's talk about food. 

What did we eat last week? 


Sunday, January 5-- Free Day-- The plan was chicken fajitas with chips and salsa, however we ended up going to my parents' house to spend time with my brother and sister before they head back to college and grad school respectively. So my dad ordered pizza and subs from a local pizza place. I had a blt sub and for the record let me say that my stomach HATED me that night and the next day for eating it! 


Monday, January 6--High Carb Day-- The original plan was Crockpot Potato Soup and crackers. However, since I had thawed the chicken for the fajitas Sunday, I made those instead.




Tuesday, January 7--Low Carb Day--Scrambled Eggs, bacon, and waffles (for Bill and the kids)
*Sorry this was a crazy day and no photo. I did have scrambled eggs topped with salsa and bacon. 


Wednesday, January 8-- High Carb Day-- Smoked Sausage and Potato Bake and green beans




Thursday, January 9-- Low Carb Day-- Chicken Drumsticks, Augratin Potatoes (for Bill and kids), Green beans
I ended up making sweet potato, zucchini and onion hash for me to go with dinner. I am really trying to stay away from white potatoes. I am not limiting fresh veggies though and the sweet potatoes were fresh. I love this combo and I will say that the kids all tried it as well, but decided they didn't like it (Rebecca and Jacob because of the sweet potato and Ben because of the zucchini). But I was super proud that they asked to try it! :)  




Friday, January 10-- High Carb Day-- Tony's Pizza and Fruit or salad



Saturday, January 11-- Low Carb Day--I am thinking date night with Bill. Kids will have mac-n-cheese and a veggie. I am thinking steak, green beans, baked potato (for Bill), veggie tots and sliced cucumber for me. (Another disclosure, I tried the Green Giants brand of veggie tots-- the cauliflower, bacon and cheese--- and they were gross. I couldn't get past the texture of the inside. Reminded me of glue. Oh well, live and learn.)





What's the menu plan this week? 

Sunday, January 12--Free Day--Soft tacos, corn, chips and salsa or queso

Monday, January 13--High Carb Day--Potato soup and crackers (got bumped from last week)

Tuesday, January 14--Low Carb Day--Alice Springs Chicken, salad, broccoli

Wednesday, January 15--High Carb Day-- Pasta bake (from freezer) and a veggie

Thursday, January 16-- Low Carb Day-- bratwurst, corn, french fries (for Bill and kids), sweet potato fries for me.

Friday, January 17--High Carb Day-- Make your own pizza and salad.

Saturday, January 18-- Low Carb Day--Whole chicken in crockpot, sauteed green beans, stuffing (for Bill and kids), salad


What are you eating this week? 

10 comments:

  1. Your meals always look so good. Happy Sunday.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of carb cycling. I read it as carb recycling and was puzzled...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a use it up week. I will be watching your posts. It's a smart plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your menu sounds great. I'm actually sitting here trying to figure out what we're going to eat all week. I know we're having chili today/tonight (I'm doing the one meal at a weird time Sunday thing) but the rest of the week is up in the air (and busy!). Your post did give me some ideas though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the carb cycling works and will be interested to see how it does. Please keep us updated! I would love to carb cycle rather than doing Keto

    ReplyDelete
  6. Use compost to improve the quality of your soil. Compost comes from the breakdown of natural vegetation, and it is organic. It improves the structure of your soil by making it less dense, thus allowing better water permeability. Compost can also be used to balance the pH level of your soil.
    satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first thing to do is cut the carbohydrates out of your life and steer clear sugars and starches. Next, eat a lot of foods high in fiber like beans, eggs, nuts and lean meats. Include working out or begin some form of intense exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day.
    satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  8. some weight at first, but will tend to gain and it right back after and then some. It is best to change your diet for good to one that is best for you. This way you lose weight and keep it off.
    satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome. BE NOT TROUBLED anymore. you’re at the right place. Nothing like having trustworthy hackers. have you lost

    money before or bitcoins and are looking for a hacker to get your money back? You should contact us right away it’s

    very affordable and we give guarante to our clients. Our hacking services are as follows:
    -hack into any nkind of phone
    _Increase Credit Scores
    _western union, bitcoin and money gram hacking
    _criminal records deletion
    _Hacking of phones(that of your spouse, boss, friends, and see whatever is being discussed behind your back)
    _Security system hacking...and so much more. Contact THEM now and get whatever you want at
    Superior.hack@gmail.com
    +16692252253

    ReplyDelete

  10. Hey Guys!!! I got my ATM blank card from Certified Hackers from ITALY. My blank ATM card can withdraw $1,000 to $150,000 daily i know its sounds too good to be true but i am sharing this info because i got this said blank ATM card after i was ripped off by two fake hackers from Nigeria; YES' Its true that scammers are out that ripped me off until i finally got hold of this hackers from ITALY that delivered the card to me after i paid the purchasing fee for the card, now i have more than enough to spend and planning on getting a home for myself soon. This card has been functioning for over a month now and everything seems like magic because I've enough for me & my 2 kids. Thanks to MAJOR SUCCOUR from ITALY that mailed the card to me within 72 hours, get in touch with this hacker to become rich & i bet you no gimmicks!! They are REAL.. Get one from them by reaching out to this email address: dr_williamthomas78@mail.com

    ReplyDelete