Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Pink Eye, Strep Throat, Oh my!

Sorry for the lack of posting since last Thursday. (By the way thanks for all the great Vacation ideas!) So what has been going on? 

Well, ever since last Wednesday I have been dealing with some head cold symptoms (runny nose, congestion). Saturday, I woke up with a lovely surprise in that I couldn't open my eye without wiping out a lot of crud. Off to Urgent Care and diagnosed with pink eye and an upper respiratory infection. 



I was kind of surprised they didn't give me an antibiotic given the fact that I was congested as well. Instead I was sent home with eye drops and 2 cough meds which really didn't help much except during the day. 

I stayed home from the boys' basketball games on Saturday and church and teaching on Sunday. Yesterday I still felt like crap but life goes on when you are a mom. And honestly Bill was feeling worse than I was so I made him go to the doctor. He got diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection, lower respiratory infection, a throat infection, AND a bad ear infection. (He has been sick for like 3 weeks and his doc had put him on a z-pack for antibiotics but they did not work at all.) 

Well, late last night my throat starting killing me. It felt like someone was taking a fiery knife and stabbing my throat. This morning I took Rebecca to school and then asked Bill to take the boys to school so I could go back to Urgent Care. To let you know how much sickness is running rampant in this town, I got there at 7:55 (they open officially at 8). There were 3 people ahead of me and when they called me back at 8:20 the nurse said there were 10 people in queue behind me. Anyways.... the rapid strep throat test came back negative but I showed all signs of strep. 

So I am an amped up dose of amoxicillin for the next 10 days and a 5 day supply of presnidone to reduce the swelling in my throat. I took it a little bit ago and I already can tell a difference in my throat. It still hurts but not the stabbing pain. 

I just hope this medicine works and I am finally on the path of feeling better. I probably won't do any of my normal posts this week (goals post, etc). I am planning on resting as much as possible so maybe February can start out healthier. 

Hope everyone is having a great and HEALTHY Tuesday! 

6 comments:

  1. Oh Rachel.
    I pray you feel better soon.
    Rest! I know it is hard when you are the mom!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sorry you've been so sick. That's a lot going on. Hope you did get a lot of rest, it really does make a difference. Praying you and the rest of your family have a much healthier February!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. I am trying to get better but this cold is just holding on.

      Delete
  3. Get A Blank ATM CARD And Cash Good Money/Funds Pay Your Debt directly today in any ATM machine around you anywhere in the world. It's 100% guaranteed secure with no worries of being caught because the blank card it's already programmed and loaded with good funds in it, in such a way that's not traceable which also have a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you, i am not a stupid man that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done. For more info contact Mr john and also on how you are going to get your Card, Order yours today via Email: cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com

    WhatsApp contact: +27733798090

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now i'm thinking about kinds write-up. It is actually good to find out folks verbalize around the cardiovascular system as well as comprehending through this considerable concept is normally basically identified.Health Line

    ReplyDelete