Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Rain can't stop the fun!

Happy Tuesday everybody! What's the weather like where you are? Here in Ohio we are in that lovely season of it is sunny one second with pop up storms the next with no rhyme or reason. We have literally had some form of storm/rain every day since Friday. But that can't stop my life! So what has been going on? 

Friday, I got to sleep in as my niece and nephew stayed home with my sister and her girlfriend (who were in town for Father's Day). The kids and I went to Goodwill in the morning and were successful in finding Rebecca some tank tops for Summer AND all clothes were 50% off so that was a win in my book. In the afternoon, Bill had an eye doctor appointment (although he can't order his glasses until July 1 due to the labs being shut down!). When he came back home, we went to the book warehouse. They have TONS of books and offer a "Stuff a Bag" promo for $5 a bag. We definitely took advantage! LOL 

Just one room of the warehouse

Our haul


Friday night, Bill and I had date night on the porch, in which we tried a local pizza place for their subs. 



They were okay-- nothing special-- and it was weird that they don't put any sauce on any of their subs (ie. no Italian dressing on the Italian sub, no mayo on the steak sub, and they didn't offer an option to put it on the side!). We won't be ordering subs from their again.

Saturday, during the day the weather was beautiful(it rained that night) and we went out to my mom and dad's house to celebrate Father's Day with my dad. I didn't take any photos as we just wanted to celebrate. 

Sunday, I got up early to head to the grocery store. When I got back home I didn't have any energy. In fact, I laid on the couch for a couple hours in the morning. In the afternoon, it poured down rain for several hours! 

Can you see how hard the rain is coming down? There are reports we were getting 3 inches an hour. 


Bill was in a mood most of the day so that put a damper on the day. He did like his gifts of homemade books and new exercise shorts from the kids. I also made him a nice steak dinner for Father's Day.



Yesterday, it rained and stormed in the morning so we couldn't get a walk in with the kids. Instead we had a morning of games! The kids played UNO, Sorry, and Memory. They had a blast. 





Yesterday afternoon, the clouds parted for a little bit and so Bill, the boys and I went on a walk on the bike path. It was very humid but a nice 3 mile walk.













After our walk, we picked Rebecca up at a friend's house and enjoyed visiting with their chickens (they have 16) and the friend gave us a dozen fresh eggs! 




This morning, it is raining again! Lacie, Ethan and Ben are playing Sorry. Jacob is supposed to be cleaning off a bookshelf and Rebecca is still in bed! I am hoping that the rain clears for a bit so we can maybe get a small walk in-- these kids NEED to get out and exercise! 

Anyone have any exciting plans for today? What's the weather like where you are? 

8 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your post. Now you have me wanting to go to a book store. I am missing the library so much! Maybe that can be a fun weekend activity around here. I actually get to go to work for a half-day today, full day tomorrow, and full day on Friday. Who knew I'd ever be so excited to go to work! By the way, our weather's been really nice so far this week/looking cloudy at times but no rain, warm and not too humid. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our library just reopened last week but only allowing 12 patrons in at a time. If I take the kids and Bill we make up 5. I do have books that I need to return though so will probably utilize their drop off box this week at some point. Yeah for working, especially if you get to be around kiddos!

      Delete
  2. Railroad tracks make a good hiking path. I'm on a late lunch brekas, but need to get back to work. We were coudy ad cool, but now it looks quite sunny. Maybe tennis tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love some cooler weather and not so rainy weather, although today the sun has been out most of the day and while it is warm the humidity is down a little which makes a world of difference.

      Delete
  3. It has rained hard and stormed loudly and the wind has blew so hard. I did manage to get in a really short walk before the skies opened again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are into summer! With rain and humidity! It's the humidity, that gets to me. And we have lots of it, here, this morning. But the growing things, got some rain. Have to be happy for that.

    Sounds like you are able to be out and about and visiting, "in your neck of the woods." We are not quite so. It's getting better though.

    Glad the kids enjoy those games!!!! If and when, they can't get out and get some exercise. Kids do need exercise. -smile-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are supposed to stay under groups of 10 still here in Ohio. I really have only expanded my circle of visiting to my side of the family that lives close and to a close family friend. And you are right, kids definitely need exercise!

      Delete