Thursday, June 18, 2020

Playgrounds are open!

Happy Thursday! 

Yesterday's adventure with the kids took us on a walk around the neighborhood and ended at a local park to see if it was opened up yet. All playgrounds had been closed due to the virus, but were supposed to open last week. Well, I wasn't sure if they were opened up yet so waited too surprise the kids. 

When we arrived at the park there were signs to show how to be safe in the area (use hand sanitizer, no more than 10 kids on the equipment, etc.) but they were open. When I told the kids that yes they could play they were ecstatic. I will NEVER forget their shouts of complete joy that they could play on the equipment. Rebecca even played. It was a great morning.















And now that I know that playgrounds are open, I have more stops that I can add to my list of upcoming adventures with the kids!

Today, it has been raining off and on and the humidity is sky high so we are having an at home day. I need to do some laundry (like always). Currently, Lacie is watching T.V., Rebecca and Jacob and Ethan are drawing pictures, and Benjamin is supposed to be cleaning his bedroom. I say supposed to be as he has been up there for 2 hours and it isn't anywhere near being cleaned. 

I also didn't sleep very well this morning. I woke up around 7 feeling like someone had their hands around my throat squeezing; in my half-awake state I thought I saw hands near my legs as well. It was really freaky. I woke up coughing loudly and still feel like there is something in my throat. It was really weird. 

What are you up to this Thursday?  


4 comments:

  1. Those kids look so happy to be playing at the park again! Hope you feel better and that strange dream fades away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids do crave activity. And, I suppose those colorful toys were so tempting and forbidden. They appear to be having fun. That was a horrible dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having a quasi workand personal day. I have already put in nealry 40 hours before starting my work day, so I am doing just what needs to get done and deadlines. We actually had a ncie lunch before my daughter went to work rahter than jsut leftovers or sndwiches. I get a kick out of how the previous things that were taken for granted are a new surprise. Playgorund equipment being a huge new to kids!

    ReplyDelete