Wednesday, June 24, 2020

5+ miles in less than 24 hours!

Happy Wednesday! Yesterday afternoon the rain finally stopped for a bit and the sun came out. I decided that I needed to go walk and Bill wanted to walk, so we packed up the kids and headed out to walk on the Kokosing Gap Trail in Howard. (This is the same trail that the boys and I walked on Monday, just a different section. 😉) The weather was great with nice sunshine and a nice breeze blowing. 

This section of the path has a stone archway that was built in 1874. It is really a beautiful piece of history and so glad that they incorporated it into the path. They finally added an historical marker to it earlier this year. 





This portion of the path has some farms that border it if you go about 1.5 miles down the path or so. We saw an alpaca and then when we turned around and came back we saw cows in the same field.









This portion of the path also has a playground that the boys like to play on so we did that after we walked 3.1 miles 😃

After we got home, I made dinner, everyone got showers and we watched an episode of Season 1 of "The Masked Singer." (We watched Season 3 this year each week as it went live and loved the show, so we are going back and watching Season 1 and 2 this Summer as it is on Hulu.) 

This morning we got a surprise as the sun was out!! So I took the kids back out the Kokosing Gap Trail... this time back out to Gambier, so that we could walk another part of the path! The weather was GORGEOUS-- temps in the low 70s, relatively low humidity and best of all SUNSHINE!!! We ended up walking 2.12 miles!












After the walk, the kids played on the train which they all love climbing on. Ben even climbed up to the top part today! 







Now, I am taking a moment to rest, as my body is TIRED from all the walking, before making dinner and figuring out calories. I am on a diet as I weighed myself last week and the number was frightful! So I have decided that counting calories is the way to go for now. The last few days have been an eye opener as to how much I was snacking here and there between meals and how much those calories add up! 

Well my dryer just stopped so I need to go flip laundry and then start on dinner! 

Hope everyone is having a good day! 

4 comments:

  1. I had to hop back on the keto train. I blame quarantine!
    The photos are fantastic and I am glad the weather was perfect for your outings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I have gained at least 10 pounds during quarantine. One of the bad side effects of it. :(

      Delete
  2. There you go again! Thanks for the photos too. I am starting a diet today too- honestly, no fun but I have also gained during the crisis and really haven't eaten anything that great either drat it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was overweight pre-virus and now it is bad. I just want to feel better. Glad you liked the photos and good luck with your diet. :)

      Delete