Thursday, February 9, 2023

15 Things About Me

Happy Thursday! One more day until the weekend. We can do this! 

My blogging friend Billie Jo, over at Afternoon Coffee and Evening Tea, has declared this week "Get to Know Your Blog Friends Week." It's basically an excuse to learn more about each other in a fun way. I know other bloggers have joined in on the fun, including Jean from Chit Chat with Jean. I figured I will join in the fun as well. So here are fifteen facts that you probably didn't know about me.


 

  • From 1st through 5th grade, I attended a Catholic School where I was the only white student in the school. Everyone else was African American. It was the school connected to the church we belonged to. 
  • I love sloths.
  • My favorite color is teal.  
  • I have never flown in an airplane. 
  • I am 1.1% Greek (according to my 23 and Me DNA results). 
  • I have a fear of heights. 
  • I don't like shrimp, scallops, oysters, lobster, crab or calamari. 
  • I do like clam strips but not clam chowder. 
  • Nicholas Sparks is my favorite author and I have all of his books in hardback form (my preferred book type.) 
  • I do not like raspberries, blueberries or blackberries because of their texture, however I like the flavor they have. 
  • I sleep with a fan on 365 days a year and it drives my husband batty. I even have a small, portable fan that I pack for when we are on vacation or staying in a hotel. 
  • I don't like lasagna that is made with ricotta cheese. In fact, I don't like ricotta, blue cheese, cottage cheese, or sour cream. 
  • I hate peas. 
  • I like cauliflower, but only if it is fresh. I hate cooked cauliflower. 
  • My first pet was a parakeet that I named Angel. 
There you have it. 15 things that you may or probably did not know about me. What about you? What are some things about you that people don't know? 

11 comments:

  1. I also hate peas! My mom sleeps with the fan on and also brings a portable fan on vacation - she uses it year round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fan habit is annoying to my husband. LOL

      Delete
  2. We are so much alike. I did sleep with a fan on and had a battery operated one to sleep when the electricity went off. I do like those cheeses. I have flown on a plane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to look into a battery operated fan.

      Delete
  3. Hello! I love love love your hair! And thank you for this! I really do know more things about you! Flynn likes sloths too! And heights??? No thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Bill about the fan. My ex slept with the fan and it drove me nuts. I'm the complete opposite - I hate cauliflower, but love peas. In my home country, we make lasagna with bechamel sauce (I still make my lasagna that way). I do add cheddar to the bechamel to turn it into a cheese sauce. No ricotta or any other cheese between the layers. This was a fun post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you care to share your lasagna recipe?

      Delete
  5. l love getting to know you better. What is something you would only know about me if you asked? Hmmm. ..for all I come from an immigrant culture from a Catholic country, I was raised a secular humanist. While Sundays and Wednesdays were largely boring in my predominantly Catholic town as a result, I am ever grateful to my parents for raising me in reason. I hate most soups. I also hate jazz, which was a bitter pill for my father to swallow. I have never skied, and I have no desire to ever ski. I love cows and cats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picture of you! So many interesting things I've enjoyed learning about you. I'm also scared of heights but I'll be very brave going up but then, when it's time to go back down. Well, that's when the fear kicks in. My husband doesn't like those cheeses either (actually, any cheese except mozzarella on pizza). I love all fruit except bananas, I have the feelings you have about the berries but with bananas (though I can eat them if I have no other options).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to only eat mozzarella on pizza, but as I have gotten older I find that I like other cheeses like provolone and colbyjack.

      Delete