Monday, February 20, 2023

Menu Plan #8 of 2023 and cleaning

Happy Monday evening everyone! I meant to get this up this morning, but life happened and so here we are. Today, being President's Day, the kids and I were off school/work so I wanted to get some stuff done around the house. (Actually I started yesterday by deep cleaning the boys' room.) And I have been puttering around all day getting things done. I am tired now, but still wanted to get this posted.

This weekend ended up being super busy with organizing and cleaning. I already posted about how I got my seasonal decorations into totes. Well, on Sunday I had reached my last nerve with the boys NOT cleaning their room, so I went in and deep cleaned it. I took out a lot of their toys, books, etc. I only left their Legos, wrestlers, Battlebots and sports cards. It only took me 4.5+ hours to clean it. I was DONE. They have been warned that if they don't maintain it, then they will lose whatever they don't clean up and I may or may not donate it. 

Before

Before

After

After


Today, Rebecca has been working all day on her room, as I told her that she has until tonight to have it cleaned or I would do to her room what I did to the boys' room. The last time I checked on her it was looking pretty good. I have also been working on mountains of laundry. How we got so behind on laundry is beyond me. I also baked pumpkin bread for breakfasts this week, and a brownie. I went to the grocery store as well. Needless to say, I am exhausted. 

Since I am exhausted, why don't we get on to the menu plan. 


So how did we do with last week's menu plan? 
  
Monday: Hamburger Helper and peas for Bill and the kids. I will eat something else. I ended up having avocado toast with eggs. 





Tuesday: I might do taco crescent ring. I will see what Bill wants to have for Valentine's Day. I ended up making Bill's favorite.. chicken enchiladas, salad and peanut butter pie. 



Wednesday: Air Fryer Chicken and Broccoli, Rice and veggies

Thursday: Pulled pork sandwiches, Cole slaw, veggies of some sort, macaroni and cheese, cucumbers



Friday: Pizza with lots of meat on it (this is the last Friday before Lent starts). We ordered Dominoes as we had a slice the price card, that gives you a free large pizza with the purchase of another large pizza with no limits.


 

Saturday: Hot dogs, baked beans, chips



Sunday:  Spaghetti and garlic bread




 

What are we eating this week?

Monday: Tikka Masala, Rice and Naan

Tuesday:  I have no idea. We are running in 50 million directions around dinner time, so who knows what we will have. 

Wednesday: Grilled Cheese or Tuna Salad Sandwiches, Cucumbers, Apple slices, Chips 

Thursday: Red Bag Chicken Sandwiches and Fries

Friday: Cheese pizza and Fruit

Saturday: ???

Sunday: ???

What are you eating this week? 

7 comments:

  1. I guess your guys were a little shocked when they saw their things were gone, but I bet they remember the next time you tell them to clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do laundry every day. I figure that if I do a load or 2 per day, there's less chance of laundry piling up. With bedding and other items (like towels), I do one bed per day (I wash everything). Can you try filling the washer with a load the night before, then turning it on when you get up in the morning? By the time you leave for work, you should have a load done (dried or busy drying), then have the kids fold it when they get home? Just an idea, because it works great for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you go!!! I remember the days of doing that very same thing, my friend! The stuff kids accumulate in their rooms is unbelievable. You did great. And your menu plans are awesome.I love Kraft macaroni and cheese. Like. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I deep clean the teens rooms at least 2x/year. If they don't keep stuff put away, it's up for grabs. ;-) They've been disappointed in the past. One now keeps his room reasonably "clean". The other is an absolute mess, and he drives me bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did something very similar when my kids were younger. I made no bones about the fact that when a kid graduated from sleeping in our room, and assigned a room, that room was not "their" room, but a room in OUR house which we were happy to allow them to have, with the understanding they had to keep it to a minimum standard of daily cleanliness....toys put away, dirty laundry in the basket, clean clothes put in closets and drawers, beds made. If they couldn't do that, then *I* would be going in there daily to do it, and privacy be damned. Well, whadya' know? Turns out some kids don't like you going in their rooms and touching their precious belongings after all, so they tended to keep their rooms (reasonably) clean.

    ReplyDelete