Saturday, February 18, 2023

This and That

Happy Saturday everyone! Just thought I'd pop on here to give some quick thoughts today.

First, Ohio weather is stupid. Wednesday it was 70 degrees and Sunny. Thursday, we had rain showers and thunderstorms. Yesterday, it was in the upper 20s and snowing! It didn't stick but still Ohio weather is stupid. Today it is 40 and sunny. It is like what they say... "Wait 5 minutes and the weather will change." 


Second, Rebecca has some artwork displayed at school in one of their display cases. She is one of the 4 editors (chosen as a sophomore, which is usually unheard of) of the school's literary magazine and is also in charge of their themed display case. She has a photo and a drawing artwork in the case. 





Yesterday, I had an in-service day at work, which was basically come sign in at 7AM and then go back to our respective schools and work on any projects that we wanted to get done. Well, I was done by 9AM so I headed back home to work on some projects that I had been putting off at home. One of the things that I wanted to do was to get all of my seasonal items together in bins so that I could find them. I currently had them stored in different areas of the house. Not a good system. So, I cleaned out an area in the basement next to our freezer where I could put the bins. Each bin was labeled as Thanksgiving, Halloween, Easter, and St. Patrick's Day/Valentine's Day. I still need to get my summer decorations tote put down there. I am so excited to have them all in one area! (My Christmas totes are in the laundry area and are all together.) 

Before

After

 
I also spent a little time taking down the Valentine's Day decorations and putting out my St. Patrick's Day ones. I picked up a few new items this year at Dollar Tree that are really cute in my opinion.

Bathroom decor

Bathroom decor

Piano decor

Mantel decor

DVD shelf decor


Today, I have been puttering around doing laundry and I took Ben to his basketball game. He had fun. 



After the game, he and his brother were shooting around waiting for the middle school/high school portion to start and he jammed his finger on a ball. So, we are now home, icing his finger. I figured with the now extra time at home, I would hop on here and blog. In a bit, I have to start dinner--- super easy hot dogs tonight. 

How is your Saturday going? 


5 comments:

  1. Getting organized does feel good! I like your St. Patrick's Day decorations. Mine will consist of on very large Shiny Shamrock hanging on the front door, unless I add one thing this year. My day is all about Walgreen's and on my blog. I cannot repeat it here because it upsets me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always hear horror stories about Walgreens. The closest one to us is over an hour away.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Rachel and ouch for Ben's jammed finger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Ben's finger is feeling better. I've done that before, it hurts! And congratulations to Rebecca! Someday, I'd like to have my seasonal bins all sorted like that as well. Of course, I mainly only have enough fall and Christmas decorations for tubs. I need to get some spring things that aren't Easter for display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully his finger is back to normal. I need to get some spring decorations as well that aren't Easter. Then I have beachy themed decor that will last all summer.

      Delete