Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Weigh In Wednesday #5 of 2023



Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope everyone is having a good week. It has been cold here, but we are dealing. Yesterday was a super busy day. I put dinner in the crockpot, took the kids to school, ran a phone charger to Bill at work, picked up a couple things at Walmart, had a nephrologist appointment, went to work, went to Aldi and Kroger, picked Jacob up from school, came home and put all groceries away, made rice for dinner, and collapsed on the couch. LOL 

My nephrology appointment went well. I am probably back to feeling around 85%-90% better. My phosphate levels are still low, so she is adding a 3rd phosphate pill each day. She also wants me to take a Vitamin D3 supplement, as my levels are a little low. As she said, it can't hurt since we never see the sunshine in winter here in Ohio. LOL. She was also happy that since my last appointment (last month) I have lost 5 pounds! 

I mentioned in my New Year's goal post that I wanted to hopefully lose weight this year. I am at the heaviest I have ever been, and I NEED to lose weight to get healthy. I am going to make Wednesdays my weigh in Wednesday day. So, this will be my weekly update. Today is weigh in #5 for the year.

The good things in my weight loss journey this past week were: I was aware of the food choices that I was making. I didn't drink any soda or any drinks with calories. It was all water and unsweetened tea a couple times. 

The bad things in my weight loss journey this week were: I ate out too much. I didn't journal my food or exercise or water 3 days. I didn't exercise regularly. I think I only exercised 2 times all week, although I did a lot of walking last weekend at Rebecca's solo and ensemble event. 

So, taking into account the good and the bad, I guess it is time to get down to the facts and see if I lost any weight this week. 

My Starting Weight on 1/1/2023: 265.8lbs.
My weight last week: 262.8lbs.
My weight this week: 261.8lbs.
Weight loss/gain from last week: -1.0bs
Total weight loss Year to Date: -4.0lbs

I am shocked that I lost weight. I really didn't think that I would, but I will take it. That means for the month of January, I lost a total of 4 pounds. That is better than nothing. Now to get back into exercise mode. 

Are you on a weight loss journey? If you are on a weight loss journey, how is it going?   


11 comments:

  1. Yay! You are doing so great! Glad your appointment went well, too. Probably keeping so busy is helping. That’s my downfall…I just want to sit and snack. Our weather has been so rainy and yucky here, too, and getting out to walk has been a challenge. I’m hoping I can do better this next month. Keep up the great work! ♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck this month! Yes the grey and yucky weather does not help at all!

      Delete
  2. Four pounds in a month is GREAT! Good for you. So happy to hear your doctor's appointment went well. The main thing I've been doing which is very tiny is just not getting snacks/desserts until the weekend (though I did go off the rails a bit with that last Thursday/stress eating). I do need to get out and walk a lot more. Happy Wednesday and happy February!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think not having snacks/desserts until the weekend is a great idea!

      Delete
  3. My knee is injured, so my workouts have definitely drastically changed, which means I need to adjust my calories a lot. I'm trying to ensure I eliminate snacking calories. I'm moderately successful.

    Eliminating empty calories from beverages is an awesome step, and something you can stick with. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I commend you for counting calories. I don't have the time or patience to do that. I have tried in the past and gotten frustrated and I know for me that is not the way to go. Kudos to you for trying to modify your calories to adjust to your workout woes.

      Delete
  4. If you lose 4 pounds each month all year, you will have lost almost 50 pounds! My weight loss journey is going backwards. If I moved as much as you did in one day, I would definitely lose weight. When I don't move, I also tend to eat more. When my kids were little, one day the only time I sat down was to pee. Oh, I outweigh you by a long shot. Great progress! Between my injured knee and injured back, I move little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have days where I feel like the only time I sit is to pee. LOL

      Delete
  5. Time to reward yourself for all your weight loss efforts. I think its helps to do a weekly reward! Losing weight is hard and any progress is good progress. I also make sure it's a non-food reward. Treated myself to new sheets this week. I just upped my exercise and lost 1/2 an inch on my waist and hips from last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New sheets as a reward is a great idea. And congrats on the 1/2 inch loss! That is awesome!

      Delete
  6. I need to do something about my weight but haven't yet started any actual plan. I was diagnosed with diabetes a little over a year ago. In the 8 months or so before that, I had lost 85 pounds. Then I got sick and ended up in the hospital for 13 days, which is when I was diagnosed. My concern after that was learning to live with diabetes, so when all the weight started coming back it was not my main concern. I'd foolishly hoped it wouldn't all come back because, hey, I'm eating healthier now. Ha! Finally stepped on the scale yesterday and 60 of those pounds have come back. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete