Friday, February 3, 2023

In my opinion...

Happy Friday everyone! Yahoo. We made it to the weekend. This week has been tiring and exhausting. Kids have been crazy at work as they have not been able to go outside due to temperatures. My own kids have had a busy schedule this week. Then yesterday both boys were home with fevers. Thankfully they were back to normal today. 



Speaking of yesterday, I didn't mean to start controversy for saying that I supported Prince Harry and his wife and that I enjoyed reading Spare. If the comments on my post were any indication, I am in the minority that like Harry and Meghan. That is what makes us all interesting though, in that we all have differing opinions on some things and agree on others. 

So today, I thought I would explore some of those other controversial opinions that I encountered this week, starting with: 

Does pineapple belong on pizza? 


In my opinion, pineapple only belongs on Hawaiian
 pizza with ham, cheese and onions. It doesn't belong on any other types of pizza. 

What is your opinion on the new Most Oreo Oreo?



 
In my opinion, they are not good. Too much cream. It throws the ratio off of cream to cookie. I am the only one in my house who thinks this. Bill and the kids love them. 

When is it appropriate to put out holiday items for sale at a store? Is it before or after the next holiday? For example, I was at CVS on Thursday, and they already had Easter items for sale. It was only February 2!!! 



In my opinion, stores need to wait until after the previous holiday to put the next holiday items out. For example, Easter items should not be out until AFTER Valentine's Day. Christmas items should be out after Thanksgiving and not before, etc. 

What are YOUR opinions on these matters? 


8 comments:

  1. The only way I will eat an Oreo is to scrape the disgusting cream out and eat the chocolate cookie. These overstuffed ones make me ill to look at them. Pizza with pineapple--Not on my pizza unless it is a Hawaiian pizza. I think it is insane to pile up all the holidays at once is insane. Let me at least get over one holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :) I dont like Oreo at all. But my kids do. However, I love Oreo Ice Cream sandwich :)
    And I am the one who loves pineapple on pizza :) In my country they sell french fries on pizza, potatoes on pizza, Nutella on pizza... if they sell this, I believe pineapple is absolutely perfect :)
    Have a nice day :) Greetings from the Czech Republic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a hypocrite! I like for each holiday to take its turn, yet I bought the biggest bag of Reese Eggs I've ever seen at Sam's just yesterday! Haha!
    Oreos are my cookie! I love them. But, I don't want that much creme filling. My favorites are the seasonal Oreos. They are so fresh and have just the right amount of filling. I think my granddaughter would love the overstuffed ones though.
    I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big fan of Hawaiian pizza but like you am not sure I would put pineapple on another type of pizza. I haven't tried those Oreos - probably not even available here in Canada. I do like the cream though so I might like them?! I agree about the holidays too - although it makes sense for me here in Canada as Thanksgiving is so much earlier. Only having Christmas things out in December might be stressful for people who like to get their shopping done early. I usually do quite a bit in November.
    Hope it is going to warm up for you. It is cold here right now but supposed to be above 0 (Celsius) by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having worked in retail I can say that as a customer I don't like future holidays encroaching on the current one but as a worker it's sometimes necessary to get future holiday goods out early due to not enough workers at the store, especially all that Xmas cr*p. That and the powers that be at the store want more time to sell as much as possible before it starts getting clearance priced. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea anyone had done that to Oreos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No "double stuffed" for me! And No additional flavors, leave Oreo' Oreo! No pineapple either, if I want fruit salad I'd make one, LOL! I don't want to get started on decorations ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun post! I love Hawaiian pizza but no, I wouldn't put pineapple with pepperoni. We do need to talk about those onions your putting on your pizza though. Ew. LOL. I saw those Oreos in the store but passed. Though I can tell you I'd be on your side. Have you seen the round Nutter Butter cookies? My family thinks I'm weird but the shape makes the ratio of filling off for me. And yes, one holiday at a time, please!

    ReplyDelete