Monday, February 6, 2023

Menu Plan Monday #6 of 2023

Happy first Monday in February! How was everyone's weekend? Mine was busy (as usual!). Saturday, I made a chocolate chip Bundt cake, dinner in the afternoon, went to Benjamin's Upward basketball game, then went to a new study at our church called the Rescue Project. This was week 1 and a friend invited me to go. Normally, I would say no as it is outside my comfort zone, but I decided to go and see what it was like. I really did enjoy myself.



Yesterday, we had PSR, church and youth choir practice. Then it was home for a bit, before I had to run Rebecca to an audition at her school. I was also made a couple of new recipes, including energy bites and a yummy pot roast recipe in my new Dutch oven that I received for Christmas. I also made some M&M cookies that spread out a ton and didn't really turn out like I wanted. (Cookies from scratch seem to be something I am not that good at making.) 




This year, I am bringing back the Menu Plan Monday postings that will allow me to share what we ate and what I am planning on making. I love reading what others are cooking and getting inspiration from others for meals. Maybe by posting this I can be an inspiration to someone else. 



So how did we do with last week's menu plan? 
  
Monday: Crockpot Potato Soup and rolls


Tuesday: Fiesta Chicken in the Crockpot and Rice



Wednesday: Chicken Pot Pie and Salad (This should be noted, that while the pie turned out pretty, it was tasteless. Not sure what was going on with it, but it had very little flavor. Will be on the lookout for a different recipe.)




Thursday: Pot roast, mashed potatoes, green beans, maybe rolls Breakfast burritos, air fryer hash brown patties, and kiwi
(Sorry no photo, as I went to bed shortly after making dinner as I was exhausted and overheated.)

Friday: Pizza and fruit (I made homemade pizzas with homemade sauce as well. I used a new recipe for the sauce that you can find here.  The pizzas were yummy!) 




Saturday: I am not sure yet. Maybe pasta bake? I did make pasta bake for the family. I had a pasta dinner at my Church gathering. 

Sunday: Breakfast burritos, hash browns, kiwi Pot roast, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls. 




What are we eating this week?

Monday: Bratwurst, macaroni and cheese, and veggies

Tuesday: Chipotle (fundraiser for the Music program at the middle and high schools) 

Wednesday: You're on your own night/ clean out the freezer night

Thursday: Cheeseburgers and Fries

Friday: Hawaiin Pizza and fruit

Saturday: Hamburger Helper and peas for Bill and the kids, I will eat at the Rescue Project meeting 

Sunday: Super Bowl food (chicken wings, homemade queso and chips, veggies, chicken fries, and fruit.)  

What are you eating this week? 

 

10 comments:

  1. The bundt cake looks delicious! Here's an easy chicken pot pie recipe that I use. I made this up myself years ago and it tastes just like store bought pies in my home country (we eat lots of meat pies/pasties like the British do). Shredded chicken, can mixed veggies, can mushroom soup and an equal amount of milk, a dash or 2 of worcestershire sauce. Add some flour or cornstarch if thickening is needed. I just use ready rolled pie crust from Aldi. I'm extremely picky about food, so I hope you'll enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recipe. I will have to try it!

      Delete
  2. Oh, thanks for the pizza sauce recipe! You know I make homemade pizza crust all the time, not sure why it's never occurred to me to make the sauce as well. Those energy bites look really yummy. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You meals look delicious. I made a pot roast on Saturday night. Sunday was just reheated spaghetti and meatballs. Pretty sure tonight will be a cottage pie from the leftover pot roast. I'm slowly starting to enjoy cooking again. Yesterday, I did bake a nice, chocolate-chocolate-chip-applesauce cake, to use up a partially full jar of applesauce. On Friday, I made some ginger cookies, which turned out well. As for the spread, there are several things you can do to prevent this: 1) Make sure your butter is soft, but not melted. 2) make sure your eggs are room temperature 3)Make sure you beat the eggs and sugar well--3 minutes at least, THEN add your dry ingredients. (DO NOT beat your flour too much, or your cookie will be tough as rocks--ask me how I know.) 4) Don't make the cookies too big--if it says drop my teaspoon, then only use a teaspoon 5) Use parchment paper on your cookie sheet, and make sure your oven is good and preheated before you put them in the oven. BUT....If I remember correctly, you just got a new oven, didn't you? It might take some time for you to build a good "working relationship" with that oven. (At least, that's been my experience--I have to get a feel for my oven. I'm still not there with the oven in this house, hence, the aforementioned cake was a bit dry--baked a tad too long.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, a chocolate-chocolate-chip-applesauce cake sounds intriguing. Care to share the recipe? Thanks for the tips on the cookies.

      Delete
    2. Here is the recipe I used, except I added chopped walnuts and chocolate chips to the batter, and then put walnuts and chocolate chips on the top before baking. Also, in retrospect, I shohttps://recipeforpe
      should have used more butter...perhaps a 1/2 cup. Finally, I used my homemade, jarred applesauce..
      https://recipeforperfection.com/chocolate-applesauce-cake-recipe/#wprm-recipe-container-7732

      Delete
  4. That pot roast looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all your meals look so good, love the look of the bundt cake also.

    ReplyDelete