Friday, February 17, 2023

Spring-like Weather, Valentine's, and Sheamus

Happy Friday! We made it to the end of another work week. Today, the kids are home from school as it is staff in-service day. I will be heading to work here soon to do who knows what. Before I go though, I figure I would hop on here with some things from this week. 

We have had some Spring like weather this week. In fact, on Monday I decided to do a quick walk around the park after work and before I had to pick kids up from school. It felt so good to get outside in the sunshine. On Wednesday it was sunny and 70 degrees outside! (Of course, yesterday it was rainy and today it is supposed to be 30 degrees!) 




Tuesday of course was Valentine's Day. I made sure that the kids woke up to small boxes of candy and a card. Bill also got a Reeses heart and 2 cards. It was a good day. For dinner I made Bill's favorite dinner, chicken enchilada, salad and peanut butter pie. It was super yummy!



 

Bill made my Valentine's Day special with a special present that he made. He also got me some workout equipment and Reese's hearts. 




Benjamin's class was doing their Valentine's party Thursday. So, we got some cards on Monday. He made them out on Tuesday night. Wednesday night we had to make his box- the last ever elementary school box we will have to make. Ben decided he wanted a Sheamus box. For those who don't know, Sheamus is an Irish WWE wrestler known as the Celtic Giant. 




Today, I will be heading to work for a bit. After that I am off work until Tuesday, as there is no school next Monday. Not sure what fun I will get into. How was your week? Any fun plans this weekend?  

5 comments:

  1. Nice pics from the park. Your son's Valentine's box is funny. My hubby is into wrestling. I am not. I know who Sheamus is from the bits of it I catch while he's watching. lol

    My week was okay. Hubby missed a day of work because of an achy back, but other than that it was pretty mellow. This weekend we'll celebrate my younger son's birthday. My baby will be 29 next week!!! That's insane to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how you celebrate all the holidays with your family. I'm an only child but my best memories are things mom did on the smaller, more obscure holidays that most families don't bother with. Your husband is so thoughtful, such a sweet, handmade gift. But exercise equipment and candy? Someone is sending mixed messages. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun Valentine's day box! My kids never wanted to do that, they were always good with plastic grocery store sacks (so was I if I'm honest as I'm not very talented in that type of stuff). Thoughtful gifts from your husband especially the homemade gift! We have the long weekend as well but so far no plans. I've been fighting off getting sick all week so I may just take the weekend to relax. Hope you have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been busy with various family events (2 birthdays + Valentine's Day in a week), and plenty of sports. Sam is having a birthday bowling party on Saturday, and then we're heading to ski on Sunday. We have next week off of school.

    I also love how you celebrate the holidays with your family. My mom did something similar, and I try to do the same. She still sends Valentine's cards to her grand kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Love your Valentine's Day celebrations!!! Your meal looks delicious! Have a nice weekend with your lovely family, and enjoy that extra day off!

    ReplyDelete