Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly--August 1, 2010


It's that time again. Time for the Good, the Bad and the Ugly of the previous week. Let's see what last week held.....

THE GOOD:: I got both jobs. I am going to be working overnight at Walmart and then I found out that I got the St. Vincent job as well! This will be a huge help for us financially, however I am very, VERY anxious about working again and leaving the kids.
Also Bill decided that giving up Directv's Sunday Ticket this year made sense. I told him we couldn't afford the $350 that it costs, especially if he wasn't going to be home to watch many of the games. After some hemming and hawing, he agreed!

THE BAD: I didn't use any coupons this week at the grocery store. And it was mostly because I didn't have them with me. Now, I didn't spend a ton at the store, but I just didn't feel like going back home and getting them. This week was rather low spend at the grocery store, so I am okay with it, but every little bit helps.

THE UGLY:: I have had to dip into our savings account again to keep bills paid up. We still have our $1000 emergency fund, but that is about it. This move and the insuing costs of paying for 2 different places and the utilities for 2 places over the course of the month really threw our financial picture out the window. And the expenses that we didn't see coming...(Att bill, $140 repair on car, etc.). I don't like that our bank acct is this low again, but what are you going to do?

So there you have it. Our Good, Bad and Ugly for the week. How was your week?

For more info visit: Digging Out of Our Mess

1 comment:

  1. Again, congrats on getting BOTH jobs! Are you planning on using your income for debt, savings, or what?

    Coupons...ugh. I love them, but HATE organizing them. And I wish I could be a hard core couponer, but I don't have the time to run all over the place!

    Hope the kids are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete