Monday, September 1, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday (9/1/14)

Happy Monday! Happy Labor Day! 

I am finally getting to sit down and type this out. I had to go snack shopping for school this morning and I wanted to get up and do it early, but when my alarm went off, my bed just felt too good so I didn't. Then I have been working on laundry and processing food in the kitchen. I made 2 loaves of zucchini bread, 2 loaves of carrot/zucchini bread (a new to me recipe), and processed zucchini, bell peppers and carrots for the freezer. I still have 3 watermelons and 2 pumpkins to deal with....

The kids are eating dinner, so I thought I would join Sandra today over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for her Happy Homemaker Monday theme! 




Breakfast time, what is on the plate this morning:::: I had a banana and part of a bottle of Pepsi. 

On this week's to do list:::: I have decided to change this to a weekly to do list because it makes more sense to me... So this week we have: work for me, work for Bill, AHG meeting for Rebecca and I, softball for Rebecca, laundry, Jacob goes to school, school for Rebecca, do something with the watermelon and pumpkins that I have to process. 

Currently reading::::   The Perfect Hope by Nora Roberts. This is the third book in a trilogy :) 


On the TV this week:::: 19 Kids and Counting, football, baseball


The weather outside is::: . One word...HUMID! It is supposed to be in the mid 80s all week..typical September weather around here.


On the menu this week:::: I actually have some ideas of what to fix this week, but am not assigning days as I find that too constrictive.....so our choices for this week are: 


Chili and grilled cheese
Fish sticks, broccoli, baked potatoes, carrots
Pizza and salad
Hamburgers and french fries
Hamburger helper and peas
Potatoes and sausage bake and macaroni and cheese
Baked bbq chicken, green beans, corn and carrots
Sandwiches and fruit
Bratwurst, mac and cheese and corn

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will:::: read

Favorite photo from the camera::::


Hubby decided to see what it would be like if he took the oreo filling out of double stuff oreos and put them all together. Not sure how many this is from, but I laughed when I uploaded camera pictures today and saw this. 





Praying for:::: peace.


Bible Verse, Devotional that is resonating me with at the moment:::: 





Thanks Sandra for hosting! Hope everyone has a great week! 

4 comments:

  1. I love the over filled double filled oreo, your husband looks like a very happy man and how can he not be with that much creamy stuffing. LOL

    I can't wait to get my hands on some pumpkins here. I want to make pumpkin bread,pumpkin butter, roasted pumpkin seeds and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was happy. I think he was more happy though that I bought them for him just to do that. LOL....

      We were given 2 pumpkins from my in-laws and I am not sure what I want to do with it yet. Guess I will figure something out. ;)

      Delete
  2. I think my kids would have really enjoyed that huge oreo hahahaha

    I hope you're having a great week so far :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby said it was almost too sweet to eat with all the filling. :)

      Delete