Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Health update...

Flowers from my sweet neighbor
Well, my health update is that I am still waiting.... 

The medicines seem to be helping. The hormone medicine that my doctor put me on last Monday did help the bleeding to stop. I am still taking the iron pills. My pain is mostly gone. There are days where there is just pressure. I am still waiting on a surgery date and to see if insurance will okay it. 

I have to go back to the doctor tomorrow to have a repeat pap test, as when he did the test last Monday there was too much blood and they couldn't read the test. 

My biggest problem is just that I am exhausted all the time. I get little bursts of energy and do a few things but then I have to sit and rest. I have also had to take several naps in the afternoon. That isn't bad, however for someone like me who likes to go-go-go and get things done it is driving me insane. 

My husband has been very supportive and has taken over a lot of the responsibilities here at home- including taking over ALL the laundry, meaning that I haven't a had a chance to play with our new washing machine yet. He has a TON on his plate and I know this isn't easy on him. I don't know if I can ever express to him how thankful I am that he is taking over some of the responsibilities here at home. 

So that is my update for the time being. I am just sitting here waiting, waiting, waiting...

8 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you Rachel! My best advice to you is to allow your family to help you! I know how hard that is but you have to listen to your body's cues and rest when you need it. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to rest and it is driving me insane. Lol

      Delete
  3. Glad the meds are helping your symptoms. I'm curious though as to what is taking so long for insurance approval. I hope you hear something soon. I know that waiting can be really tough in these situations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what is taking insurance so long. I was warned that our insurance company likes to make women wait at least 30 days from signing the consent to have the hysterectomy to have the surgery. Hoping I will hear something soon.

      Delete