Monday, July 24, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday (7/24/2017)

Happy Monday! I am running on the very tired side! This past weekend, I took the kids up to Kalahari Resort and Waterpark to meet up with my parents and siblings, as my dad wanted to have one last summer hurrah with all most of his grandkids. What ensued was 24+hours of waterpark madness and this mama is tired. Now it is back to Monday and back to reality. Reality being that it is fair week for our area (which means my husband is working crazy hours), time to get Rebecca ready for scout camp and it is my birthday week (my b-day is on Friday)-- not that we will be doing anything but it is what it is.
For now I am taking a moment to join in with the lovely Sandra over at "Diary of a Stay at Home Mom" in her Happy Homemaker Monday meme:


THE WEATHER:::
It has been very humid the last week and hot. We have had torrential rains this past weekend. Last night it looked like a river out in front of our house. Today it is partly cloudy and it is around 77 degrees, but it is still very humid as our real feel is almost 88! Yuck. Makes me glad that we have a/c. I don't think we are supposed to have any rain until Thursday when we are supposed to get more storms. Welcome to fair week in our area! LOL   

ON MY READING PILE:::
I just finished The Legacy by Michael Phillips. Look for the review coming soon. I actually have at least 3 books that I need to review that I have already read, just need to get the reviews written. Hopefully over the next week or so.


ON MY TV:::

One of my favorite weeks on TV is here... SHARK WEEK! I love watching the shows about sharks and learning about them. I am talking about the actual scientific shows and not made up movies like "Sharknado" LOL   
ON THE MENU FOR THIS WEEK:::
SUNDAY: The kids had chicken nuggets, blueberries, and green beans. I had leftover pizza when we came home.
MONDAY: Chicken patties and fries
TUESDAY: ????
WEDNESDAY: ????
THURSDAY: ????
FRIDAY: pizza
SATURDAY: ???

As you can see I really don't know what I am making this week. I need to go to the grocery store tomorrow and so I will be making a list tonight I guess.

ON MY TO-DO LIST FOR THIS WEEK:::
Monday: tutoring, straighten up from the weekend, plan for the rest of the week, Ben to speech, trash to curb, menu plan
Tuesday: Grocery store, tutor in the afternoon
Wednesday: tutor in the morning and afternoon
Thursday: tutor in the afternoon
Friday: pack Rebecca stuff for camp 
Saturday: Rebecca has a playdate
Sunday: Rebecca to camp
And each day has the daily housework that needs to be done.


LOOKING AROUND THE HOUSE:::
It looks ok. I still have our bags from this weekend sitting at the bottom of the steps. Jacob has his football cards all over the floor. There are toys and things out. It is definitely a house where kids live

FROM THE CAMERA::: Taken at Kalahari this weekend.


My kiddos

My niece Lacie, my nephew Ethan, Rebecca, Jacob and Benjamin



WHAT I'M WEARING TODAY:::
striped grey maxi skirt, grey tank top and white and grey flipflops
 
SIMPLE PLEASURE:::
sleeping in my own bed

DEVOTIONAL OR QUOTE:::



So there you have it. A little peek into my life on this Monday! Hope everyone has had a great day and let's see what the rest of this week will bring! 
 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun, busy weekend. I'm with you on liking to sleep in my own bed although I also really love to travel (don't get to do that nearly enough). Hope you have a wonderful week and a great birthday on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you have a great week as well!

      Delete