Monday, July 31, 2017

Missing my girl and other Monday happenings

Thank you to those who wished me a happy birthday on my last post. It was a great day and then to have blogging wishes as well was just icing on the cake!  :-) 

Yesterday, I did something as a mom I have never done before. I dropped Rebecca off at a scout camp for the week.



This is the first time that she will be away from home. She was excited, but nervous. When it was time for us to leave, the boys cried and cried that they didn't want her to stay. I teared up as well. It was hard to leave her, but I know that she will have a blast and make many memories. 





Today it was so weird for her not to be here. Jacob said several times today that he missed Rebecca. Tonight Ben started saying on Friday we get Rebecca. That's right... we are all counting down the days!  

In other news, what else happened today? I woke up with the boys and got them breakfast. Then realized I had not prepped for my tutoring session this afternoon (needed to print some activities out) so spent time doing that. Then I gave the boys baths while I folded clothes and straightened up their bedroom. Then I took a shower. As I was getting out of the shower, the mom of the kids I was supposed to work with today, had called and left a message that they were canceling today because her daughter needed a break. URGGH. It annoys me because these kids NEED all the help they can get and parents wonder why their kids aren't getting anywhere. Well, if you cancel every time they need a break then there is no consistent work getting done and these children need the consistency. Frustrating.....

This afternoon also saw Benjamin losing another tooth. This makes his 3rd tooth he has lost, but the first that he has not swallowed! He now looks like he has been in a boxing match! LOL



After taking Bill and Ben to Ben's speech therapy and doing a quick run to Walmart for a few things, we returned home and I spent some time cleaning up the kitchen and menu planning for this week. I also decided to clean out our stand alone freezer as it was fairly empty of food and I am hoping to do a big grocery shop tomorrow. So I spent the afternoon defrosting it.  I typically do this 2 times a year. It was time. It looks much better now. :-) 




Tonight, I am just sitting here typing this up before bed and watching the Cleveland Indians (who are unfortunately losing at the moment). I still need to finalize my grocery list, including look through my coupons and checking my online coupons. Tomorrow I am hoping to go to the grocery store and do a deep clean in Rebecca's bedroom while she is at camp. Wish me luck! 

Hope everyone has a good night! 



1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    Thanks for stopping by my little blog!
    I am certain it is hard for all of you to have your girl away for a bit...
    It really never gets easier!!
    I enjoyed visiting here.
    Will be back again soon!

    ReplyDelete