Friday, August 3, 2018

A peek into my day today...

There are days that I feel like I should sit down and I could write tons of blog posts. Of course, those days are some of the busiest. Isn't that the way that it usually works? LOL Then there are days that I have some free time to blog and I can't think of anything or it seems like I have some writer's block. Tonight is kind of like that so I thought I would share a peek into our Friday. (We only have one Friday left before the kids go back to school!) So what did I do today::



This morning I was up early to head to Kroger to pick up their a special they were running today and tomorrow only--- $0.99 General Mills Cereal (limit 5). Rebecca and Jacob both eat cereal most mornings and we were down to our last box. When I checked out I was excited to see that not only did the Honey Nut Cheerios ring up for $0.99 each, but then a $1 off coupon that was on my card also came off... AND a $4 off my next order Catalina coupon printed out courtesy of General Mills. So basically when all was said and done the 5 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios were free. Love when that happens. I also picked up some other cereal on sale. Jacob and Bill both love the Crispy Cocoa Rice from Mom's Best Cereals and I was going to buy some boxes of it as I had a digital coupon for $1 off each box (limit 5). Well as I was headed to that aisle of natural and organic cereals, I saw a cart with clearance organic things in it. On top were 3 bags of the cereal (which retail for over $5 a bag) on sale for $2.29. The sell by date was January 2019. So, I got those instead of the boxes I was going to buy as it was a better buy. Well when I checked out the $1 off coupon came off each of these bags making each bag only $1.29. Double win in my book! We are now stocked up on cereal for a while I hope. 

After I came home, Bill went to work and I took the kids to our local science center. They love SPI Spot and had a blast playing there for 2 hours. They even got to do an experiment making volcanoes with vinegar and baking soda. 








After SpiSpot, we headed to McDonald's for lunch as I had found a gift card a few days ago when I was cleaning. Originally I was going to get the food to take to the park to eat, but it was HOT and humid today and I just did not want to deal with it. LOL

After lunch, we stopped at a local park for the kids to play outside for a little bit on some of the playground equipment. This park has a lot of shade so it wasn't too bad. 




Then it was home, where I let the kids get the playdoh out and they played with it for 3 hour off and on. Love their creativity. Rebecca made a plate of spaghetti and meatballs and garlic bread, complete with silverware and a drink. 



While the kids played, I did some chores-- laundry, cleaned the kitchen, made brownies, swept and mopped the kitchen, deep cleaned the living room and swept and mopped the living room. 

Dinner was frozen pizza and oranges. After dinner, we watched some music videos on YouTube before it was movie night for the kids. Tonight the kids watched the movie "Mulan" while I swept and mopped the dining room and cleaned up the kitchen from dinner. 

Right now I am typing this up and watching the Cleveland Indians baseball game (they are currently losing!). I will probably head to bed in a bit ready to see what adventures await tomorrow.  

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed seeing the peek into your Friday! My oldest son favorite Disney movie is Mulan. Great deal on the cereal! I need to start stocking things for back to school mornings. Unfortunately, none of us our huge cereal for breakfast fans. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed two really great things over time reading your blog: your kids seem to play together well, and it's creative play, they're not glued to electronic devices. Kudos to you and Bill!

    ReplyDelete