Thursday, August 16, 2018

Back to school for the kiddos

Today marks the beginning of the 2018-2019 school year in our household. 

The last 2 nights we have had open houses at the kids' schools. Tuesday night was at the boys' elementary school. Last night was open house for Rebecca at the middle school. Yep, Rebecca is going to the middle school! Can't believe she is that old...



Anyhow, back to school was today. In our district, the first day of school for the middle and high schoolers is just for the incoming 6th graders and 9th graders as they get acclimated to the building, etc. So Rebecca had school today! She was so excited but very nervous as well. (It didn't help that my van wouldn't start this morning when Bill left to take her to school! Aarghh…)


After she left, it was time to get the boys up. They were so full of energy this morning-- more so than they normally have. LOL We got them off to school and unlike last year when Ben cried every day for a week when we left, today he gave Bill and I a hug and ran into the building ready for the first day! 



This afternoon, I had lunch with a good friend and then was home when Bill brought Rebecca home. She had a great day other than not being able to find her locker at the end of the day. I told her to figure out the classroom number where it is near so she will know where it is. She was all smiles though and happy about how her first day went. The boys also said that they had a great day! 


As for me, it was full of the emotions of the kids being older, a stupid van that wouldn't start and needed towed, stepping in mud in flipflops as I was taking the boys to school, and just being exhausted. I think that tonight is going to be an early bedtime for everyone! Because my alarm will be going off way too early again tomorrow morning. LOL 

8 comments:

  1. Happy First Day of school to all! The first day of first grade for my youngest son was a total disaster. My battery died and I had to get my dad to come jump me off. It was meet the teacher day and we were already running late because of the battery when I stepped out of the car at the school. I had on some seriously cute sandals that were made with wooden beads. One broke, beads went everywhere and I was left with a sole only. I had some red pipe cleaners in the car leftover from a Vacation Bible School craft project, so I McGyvered a strap and met the teacher with one sandal and one sole with red pipe cleaners winding around my toes and ankle. I looked like I had just had a run in with a vampire who had a foot fetish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Oh goodness that would have been a sight to see.

      Delete
  2. Have to say I always forget that you guys south of the border go back to school in August. In Canada they go back to school after Labor Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they went back closer to Labor Day. It seems like every year it gets closer and closer to the start of August.

      Delete
  3. Sorry about the van troubles! Glad they all had great first days. It's always a tough transition for us (the moms!) when they start getting older. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. I hope your boys have a smooth transition back to school and that you do as well! :)

      Delete
  4. First day jitters! At least you got through it all (sort of) and I hope to van is easy to fix! How wonderful to have 3 kids HAPPY to go to school - love all the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty lucky that all 3 kids really like school and they love to learn!

      Delete