Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Can we paint like Bob Ross?

So yesterday I mentioned that on Saturday we had stopped at our local craft store to get some canvases and paint for a special project. Well, we decided to have a painting party in our living room. A few months ago, we came across some old Bob Ross shows on Netflix. The kids loved watching them and they brought Bill and I back to simpler times. Ever since then, it kept getting asked what if we followed along on one of his shows? Could we really paint like Bob Ross?

Source
Well, Saturday night we took on the challenge. Bill chose an episode on Netflix. We set out our supplies and got to work. We did not use oil paints like he does as they are expensive. Instead we used acrylics that we had. The boys (Jacob and Ben) used watercolors as I don't trust them yet with acrylics. We told them that they didn't have to follow along if they didn't want to.







It was a fun couple of hours with laughs. It was fun watching the kids really get into the activity.
In the end, we all had a lot of fun and agreed we will have to do this activity again sometime soon!

Jacob and Ben ended up creating their own masterpieces::






Bill, Rebecca and I followed along to Bob Ross::

Here is Bob Ross' finished project...



Here is Bill's finished project...




Here is Rebecca's finished project...




Here is my finished project...



So to answer, can we paint like Bob Ross? I think so. I love that the paintings are similar but different. I absolutely love how they turned out. Now I have to go find a place to hang them all!

Do you like watching old Bob Ross episodes? Have you ever tried painting like Bob Ross?

6 comments:

  1. What a fun idea & activity! Your paintings turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Rebecca's better than Bob Ross'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!! You all did a SUPER job! Those are awesome!!! My daughter loves Bob Ross and binge watches his videos. She follows along sometimes too and she keeps trying to get me to do it. I really should. You've inspired me now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was more relaxing than I thought it would be and felt good to be creative. Made me want to start adding more time in to do art. :)

      Delete