Monday, August 27, 2018

Happenings lately....

Let's see... other than yesterdays nature photo post, I haven't blogged since early last week. So let's see what has been going on around here....

The kids are enjoying school so far. Rebecca is being challenged and is getting used to changing classes, etc. The boys are doing well so far and seem to be getting back into the routine of school/homework. 



I have been trying to walk the boys to school as often as possible. Last week we ended up walking to school 4 out of the 5 days. Several days we also walked the boys home. Part of that was because we didn't get my van back from the shop until Tuesday. (If you remember we had to have it towed when it wouldn't start last Thursday when Bill went to take Rebecca to school.) I got to invest in a brand new fuel pump for the van ($620 later!). 

Bill worked a lot of evenings last week so we ended up walking together and doing errands together most of the week. We checked out a new store to us (Rural King) which just opened here in our town. We spent some time at the park sitting at one of the lakes. I went with Bill to a doctors appointment, where his doctor added another depression med to what he takes. We also checked out a couple of yard sales on Thursday. 



He was with me when I hit a curb coming back from the yard sales and popped my tire! Thankfully, I was able to pull of into a parking lot and AAA came out and put my spare on. Bill took it to get new tires for the back... $200 later I should be good to go. However, I discovered that Firestone didn't put my spare back under the van so I have to figure that one out. 

Like I said yesterday, Rebecca and I went on an overnight campout with her American Heritage Girls troop on Friday night/ Saturday morning (I will share more pics/stories tomorrow with that).



Yesterday, I went to mass with the kiddos and then I did some food prep (as I am going to go back to carb cycling), did some laundry, and rested. 



Today, I have a lot I need to do...including mow grass, walk, exercise, more laundry, etc. It is never ending. LOL. 

For now, I need to get the kids out the door to school and begin my day. What are you guys up to today?  

3 comments:

  1. Well, right now I'm catching up on blog reading :) then it's yoga, cut my hair and take a shower. Maybe volleyball later but it looks like it's going to rain. I was thinking about grocery shopping but I think I can get a few more meals out of my fridge and freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like it should have a been a good day. I hope it was! :)

      Delete
  2. I am not even trying to make plans since every time I make them they change! I am so glad school is going well for all the kiddos. Hopefully life stresses will lighten up for your family quickly.

    ReplyDelete