Saturday, August 4, 2018

Buckeye Express Diner and Mini-golf at Der Dutchman

I realized the other day that I never posted about our visit to the Buckeye Express Diner and our trip mini-golfing at Der Dutchman so I will get that done today.

After we left the Ohio Bird Sanctuary, we headed to Bellville so that we could eat lunch in a train. Benjamin loves trains so I thought he would like this diner. It is a train car that the owner has converted to a diner. It is decked out in Ohio State University stuff, thus the name "Buckeye Express Diner."


Overall, our experience wasn't bad. The train is not air-conditioned but they had fans going and it was not hot at all in the train car. Bill and I felt that the cost was a tad high for a diner (it was $53 before tip for our family), however they gave you a ton of food. Overall, the food was great. Bill had a HUGE hot dog and some of the best onion rings ever. I had a burger with fries and it was delicious.
The kids enjoyed the atmosphere and said it was a fun lunch.





After lunch, I originally had planned on going to a nature center, but I could tell that the family was getting restless so instead I decided to take everyone mini-golfing at Der Dutchman which was right down the road from the diner. The kids thought this was great as we only usually do mini-golf if we are on vacation. We basically had the course to ourselves so that was nice. The kids had a blast and Bill only beat me by 4 strokes, when usually he beats me by at least double digits! The highlight though was that Benjamin and I both got a hole-in-one!






Eating in a train and playing mini-golf was the perfect way to end our family fun day and my last day as a 38 year old!

1 comment:

  1. I just noticed that you and Rebecca are wearing pretty much the same outfits :) Do you do that often or maybe it's just the first time I noticed?

    ReplyDelete