Monday, July 1, 2019

A nice weekend but kind of dragging today

Happy July and Happy Monday! 

This past weekend was nice and busy. On Saturday, Rebecca and I met my mom at the farmer's market at our town square and then decided to do a girl's day. My mom and dad have custody of my 14 year old niece with autism and my 7 year old nephew. My mom is the primary caregiver as my dad works full time. My mom was worn down so my dad told her to stay in town and do something. So that is what we did. LOL

We started out at the farmers' market, where I treated us all to some yummy donuts. 


I also bought some yummy produce. The farmers are finally starting to see some things produce so it is good. My mom saw several people that she knew and so got to catch up with some of her friends that she hasn't seen in a long time. 



I had to leave to run Rebecca to play practice. My mom met me back at my house where we waited for Rebecca to finish. When she was done we went and picked her up then it off on our adventures. 

Our first stop was a new locally owned candy store that Rebecca wanted to show my mom. I got a few treats for the kids. Then, we went to a little coffee hut that I had won a gift certificate for. Rebecca got a berry smoothie that she said was good. I got a buckeye shake but it was just meh. It wasn't really cold and I think that made it seem weird to drink. 

Then we headed to Gordmans to check out that store. Gordmans just opened a ton of stores in the USA and our town got one. It was a nice store; reminded me of like a TJ Maxx or similar. I found nice headphones for $6.99 a piece that I got the boys for school as I know they will need them and I usually have to pay $14.99 at Walmart for them. I also spend $3 on earbuds for Rebecca. My mom bought me this cute little sloth fake plant for my mantel. She said I couldn't kill this one! LOL 



When we left Gordmans we headed to the book warehouse to see if we could find any treasures. I got a couple books as did Rebecca. For $5 a bag you can't beat it. I did forget to take the 3 boxes of books that I have at my house to donate though. 

Then we headed to another farm market as I needed to get some tomatoes. As we headed there I remembered that I had to take Rebecca to the theater warehouse for a fitting for her Ozian costume. So we did that. Then we headed to Fiesta Mexicana for a very late lunch. 
Overall, it was a very nice way to spend most of Saturday. I think my mom had fun and got to destress a little. 

That evening, the boys wanted to go see my dad and my brother, so we packed up the kids and headed to my parents' house. Ben loved it that he and his Uncle Josh had on baseball jerseys. LOL



We spent the evening sitting on their back deck socializing while the kids ran around and played and caught lightning bugs, etc. We didn't get home until after midnight. 

Yesterday, I went to church and then came home. Bill and Rebecca both had play practice from 2-6 yesterday so while they were gone I tackled Rebecca's bedroom. Here was the before....  




Three hours later here is the after. 




I was able to get 2 bags of trash out of there (art project pieces, papers, etc.) and it looks so much better. I also got 3 loads of laundry out of her room to do. I also got all of her books to fit on her bookshelf; I had thought I was going to have to buy her a larger bookshelf but once I cleaned up stuff and put things away where they belonged she had more than enough room. 

I made a yummy dinner of ribs, corn on the cob, fresh green beans and strawberry and blueberry fruit salad. The kids and Bill ate everything and really seemed to enjoy it. This week our menu is going to be called the quick and easy meal plan as it is tech/dress rehearsal week for "Wizard of Oz" so Bill and Rebecca have to be at the theater at the same time that we would typically be eating. 

This morning, I am kind of dragging. I ran to Walmart to get Rebecca nude tights for the play and some toilet bowel cleaner. I have chicken in the crockpot for BBQ shredded sandwiches and I have done 2 loads of laundry. I am fighting off a big headache and that is just making me feel blah. But I have things I want to get done. I really want to get the upstairs cleaned and decluttered this week as I don't have any babysitting kids this week. However, I am just not feeling it right now. I should go make the boys their lunch (Rebecca already ate). I hope everyone has a good day! 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been on the go pretty much non-stop. No wonder you are tired!
    Dang it! After reading your post I remembered I need toilet bowl cleaner and I just got back from the store. I guess one more day won't make that much difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I used that logic of one more day won't make that big of a difference to put off cleaning the bathrooms to today. LOL

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! We have Gordmans stores in this area. We had a bunch but then they went bankrupt, I think or restructured and a few closed. The one by our house stayed open though. I was glad as I usually pop in there a few times a year and always around Christmas. You worked hard on Rebecca's room, hope she enjoyed her new clean space. Does she have a laundry basket in her room? My youngest was happy to get one in his room and puts his clothes in it unless it's not there, then they go on the floor because it's too far (ha!) to walk into another room with his dirty clothes. Hope your Tuesday is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a Peebles (I guess is owned by the same company). They closed all those and rebranded as a Gordmans. I liked the store much better than Peebles (which I described as a store my grandma would shop at. LOL). Rebecca did appreciate her room and yes she has a laundry basket in her room and it was overflowing... LOL

      Delete
  3. Your daughters room looks great! My daughter needs to do hers, as you can’t see the floor!

    ReplyDelete