Tuesday, July 9, 2019

I got new glasses!

Happy Tuesday! Yesterday turned out to be a quite busy one. I did end up mowing the lawn and I pulled up the weeds that were coming through our front steps! Yahoo that is done! I also ended up doing all the laundry in the house that I didn't get to over the weekend-- 5 more loads! Add in sweeping the steps that go upstairs, making dinner, cleaning the kitchen, cleaning out the freezers and organizing them, babysitting, got Bill out of the house to take Jacob to his doctor's appointment and Ben to speech, and then took the boys to their Catholic Kidz Kamp (like Vacation Bible School) they are attending this week in the evenings, went to Walmart and Lowe, and it was just overall a very busy day. 

After we dropped the boys off to their camp, Bill and I headed to Walmart to pick up a couple prescriptions and to pick up my new glasses! They weren't supposed to be in until July 11, but they came in early!  


If you remember, I mentioned going to the eye doctor last week and it had been since 2013 since I have gotten new glasses. I will say that my old purple glasses held up. But I have new ones now. They are silver and black. And oh my word what a difference everything is now. Things are much clearer both in the distance and up close. The kids noticed my glasses right away when I went to pick them up from camp. Ben wanted to know what happened to my old ones and where did I go get them while they were at camp? LOL 

OLD purple glasses


NEW silver and black glasses

Today shouldn't be as busy, I hope. I do have a couple goals that I want to get done though...including taking a load of stuff that is sitting in my upstairs hallway to Goodwill. I also want to spent 15-30 minutes working on our garage going through stuff and getting rid of stuff. They are doing gas line work on our road so it is a pain to get in and out so it seems like a good day to just stay home and get stuff done (until it is time to take the boys to their camp!). Hope everyone has a happy Tuesday!    

4 comments:

  1. I AM LOOKING FOR FRAMES.I have had these since 1998.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Around here our Walmart is the cheapest place for glasses. They have some frames as low as $12.

      Delete
  2. Nice! I'm partial to wire frames myself. It always feels good to be able to see a lot better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing how much better I can see. :)

      Delete