Thursday, July 25, 2019

Yes, they are real crickets.

I was going to post more about our weekend away to Amish country but I am not feeling it today. I have a throbbing mouth and a dentist appointment in about an hour. Mouth started hurting on Tuesday, called the dentist I have used in the past and they can't get me in until middle of August. So am going to a new dentist in town that takes our insurance. 

But I did want to answer Linda's (from More Parsimony) question about the crickettes that my husband gets whenever we are on vacation. 

Yes they are real crickets!




I will not taste them. Jacob ate one this year and got it down. Ben tried one and spat it out. Rebecca and I are smart and won't even put them in our mouths. LOL It has become a fun tradition. 

Well, that is all I have today. My mouth hurts even though I took ibuprofen. :( Not looking forward to going to the dentist. 

6 comments:

  1. We've seen them, looked, gagged a bit, and moved on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. They are so nasty looking, but a fun tradition for my hubby.

      Delete
  2. Chocolate covered ants are much more palatable. lolz
    I hope your mouth feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to let Bill know that. LOL. We have never seen chocolate covered ants, only lollipops with ants in them. Still so gross. Mouth still hurts, ended up getting the tooth pulled. :(

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the answer. I was a afraid they were real. You and Rebecca are smart. Bill probably eats them to gross you out. I hope the tooth gets taken care of soon and the pain goes away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep they are real and totally gross. My mouth is still in pain as I ended up having the tooth pulled.

      Delete