Wednesday, July 3, 2019

We saw Toy Story 4

Yesterday I did get off my bottom and got something done. I did get both bathrooms deep cleaned as well as both litter boxes. Glad to have that job done for the time being. I am liking this idea of having a goal for that day and getting it accomplished. 

In the afternoon, I made dinner for Rebecca and Bill to eat before they went to play practice and then I surprised the boys with a trip to the movies. 



We went to see "Toy Story 4." I love taking the kids to the movies on Tuesdays as it is $5 Bargain Tuesday. With our UEC card (not a credit card, but like a store rewards card) each ticket is only $5 and it comes with a free small popcorn per ticket. So it only cost us $15 for the movie and popcorn. I then paid $12 for the drinks-- I let the boys have orange pop so they thought that was awesome. LOL So for under $30 we had a nice night out seeing a new movie in the theater. (If I would have went on a normal night tickets would have been $21.25 and food (popcorn and drinks)would have been at minimum $25 so a total of $46.25 so we saved quite a bit by going on a Tuesday. 

As for the movie, I went in with little to no expectation on it. I didn't even really know what the story line would be. Let me tell you that the story line did not disappoint. It is really well done and without giving anything away it was a tear-jerker and really wrapped up the "Toy Story" movies in a great way. I really enjoyed it. The boys LOVED it as well. Jacob was crying at the end and Ben said it was awesome. They both gave it an A. I would highly recommend seeing it. 

I am going to leave this post as a movie review as I have to get ready to go to the eye doctor. I am not really looking forward to going but it has been a few years and needs to be done. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!  

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful night out! Several theaters near us have 5 dollar Tuesdays also, but you dang well better get there well before showtime because they have ticket lines wrapped all the way around the side of the multiplex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the second time we have gone to a $5 Tuesday movie and neither time there was a line. My brother went to see the new Spiderman movie yesterday and he said that the theater was packed. Maybe it is because I don't see the new movies until a week or 2 after they come out? Our theater is really good about have lots of showtimes in the summer so maybe that is why there wasn't a line. There was probably 40+ people at the Toy Story showing we went to.

      Delete
  2. I never let my children have food at the movies. I was a mean mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't go to the movies very often so I let them. :)

      Delete