Monday, July 22, 2019

The busy life continues!

Happy Monday! 

Well it has been 10 days since I have last written. Time flies when you are busy. I did end up walking to the farmer's market with my friend. I got a bunch of green veggies! Yummy! 


Last weekend was the final shows for The Wizard of Oz. They performed Saturday night and then Sunday they were supposed to do a 2pm matinee for their final performance. Well, I say supposed because at 10:30 while I was sitting in church, the power went out. All the power in the area of the theater and in downtown was out. It was out until close to 6pm. They did reschedule the show but had it at 7PM instead of 2. Unfortunately that meant that Bill couldn't perform as he had to be at work at 9PM.





The boys and I went to the final show and got to see Rebecca. I really missed seeing Bill, so I am glad that we had gone opening night. Rebecca stayed after to help strike the set and I picked her up close to 12:45AM. 

That wouldn't have been bad, except I had to have the kids at an outdoor day camp at 8am the next morning. Rebecca helped out with the camp. The boys were registered. They had a blast every morning and learned how to make a fire, did obstacle courses, walked a slack line, etc. They also learned it is okay to be outside and do things in an adventure way. I kept them home on Wednesday as it was storming and pouring rain. 









One note about the camp. At the beginning of the week Ben would not go up on the slack line or anything that required him to take both feet off the ground (one of his sensory issues). By the end of the week, Greg had Ben with both feet of the ground on the slack line and walking it by himself! I can't tell you how happy that made me! 





We celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary. Bill surprised me with a cake and a Google Home Mini. We had take out Mexican food for our dinner and a date night at home. 



We took our first ice cream run of the year to the Round Hill Dairy. 



We did all of that in the hottest days of the year. We had heat advisories this week as real feel temperatures were around 105-110. Although we did get a warning that the heat advisory was because temperatures were going to feel like 1050 degrees! It was so hot and miserable out.



And of course this was the weekend we decided to head out of town to Amish Country. We had a blast and I will recap that trip later this week (I need to go through pictures, etc.). Today I am exhausted. I have gotten laundry going and made some food. But that is about it. I am just dragging. I need to go make the kids some lunch though. Then I might just sit and rest for a while. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday! 

2 comments:

  1. Your son made great progress. That line looked like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!
    Love your summer.
    Hope you get a break from the heat, though!

    ReplyDelete