Friday, July 26, 2019

Losing Some Wisdom

Happy Friday! 

So as I mentioned yesterday, I have been dealing with tooth pain for the last couple days. I went to a new dentist yesterday (as the one I had previously used couldn't get me in until the middle of August!). Well, after taking x-rays and looking, it was determined that it was my wisdom tooth on my top right side and it needed to come out. No root canal or anything could save it. The doctor said that they could do it right then and there if I wanted as they weren't that busy. Or I could wait until next week, but potentially risk it getting infected. I decided to have it pulled then and there. The only problem was it had really long roots and so was a pain in the a** for the dentist to pull. They sent me home with pain meds and an antibiotic. 

Today my mouth is sore but manageable. The only bad thing is that I am supposed to only eat soft foods. Well, eggs have become my friend I guess. I might go get some mashed potatoes later at KFC. I am supposed to go camping tonight so that should be interesting. Oh well, it needed to be done. Now I am just a little less wise.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

11 comments:

  1. Glad you got it done and over. I must have no wisdom at all. I have a small mouth and had all of mine surgically removed when I was 16.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky. Our dentist sends you to a oral surgeon and pay big bucks to have them removed. My dd must have been very wise, she had 5.

      Delete
    2. The dentist was surprised I still had all mine. I haven't had any issues with them--- they all came in straight and apparently I have a large mouth so they weren't affecting the other teeth.

      Delete
    3. Cheryl-- your DD was very wise indeed. LOL Thankfully I only had 4. My dentist does straightforward extractions in their office. They send you to an oral surgeon for complicated cases.

      Delete
  2. My daughter and I had ours all removed by an oral surgeon. It cost a fortune, but well worth it in the long run. Sorry you were in so much pain. I've been there. Glad you got it taken care of sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully this dentist does simple extractions in her office. And supposedly my insurance covers it. We shall see when I get the bill.

      Delete
  3. I only had top wisdom teeth that moved all around. The roots were tiny, only one root about 1/4 inch long. One became infected and it was time. I don't miss them sticking all different ways in my mouth. They were not visible, of course, but sometimes they would interfere with the rest of my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine never interfered. This one had a cavity under it and it's roots were super long.

      Delete
  4. Hope your pain diminishes quickly! Hey, how about ice cream - it's soft and the cold might help with the pain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankful for you that you did not develop a dry socket. I have had several dry sockets develop after lower jawteeth extractions. The pain is tremendous and pain medicine did little to help. Sounds like you had as good of an extraction experience as possible. Penny S.

    ReplyDelete