Friday, July 5, 2019

Fingernails and Fourth of July Fun

Wednesday was kind of a lazy type of day in that I really didn't do anything too productive. I went to the eye doctor and then picked up stuff for salad for dinner. 

The eye doctor was interesting. I knew that it had been a few years since I had been, however was dismayed to see that it had been 6 years since I had last been. Oops. Life happened, no insurance for a while, etc. It is what it is. My eyes have gotten worse. In fact I am one step away from needing bifocals. Again, oops. I hopefully will have my new glasses at the end of next week. 

Wednesday night, Bill and Rebecca had another dress rehearsal and I just chilled with the boys. I took the opportunity to use Color Street nails on my fingernails. I haven't painted my fingernails in years, but decided to support my cousin's new business and ordered a couple sets of nails. 




They were pretty simple to put on. I am not sure how often I will buy them but it was a nice change and something out of the ordinary for me. 

Yesterday we celebrated the Fourth of July at my parent's house. My brothers and sister were there. It was a fun afternoon. We live in a great country where we can choose how to celebrate our freedoms. The kids enjoyed the cookout, eating lots of stuff-- bomb pops, brownies, etc, and playing with their cousins. 










When we got home, it was bath time and bedtime for the kids. After they were in bed, Bill went to work and I took a shower and relaxed. I realized that Hulu has "Home Improvement" episodes on there so I watched a few of those. 



Today, I have a laundry list of things to do. I need to go to the grocery store, do at least 3 loads of laundry, mow the lawn, etc. Hope everyone has a great Friday! 

2 comments:

  1. I never got those type nails on right. Your 4th celebration looks like peaceful fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 4th was a wonderful day. I am not sure if I will order these nails again. They are already chipped :(

      Delete