Monday, July 8, 2019

We saw the Wizard of Oz

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a good weekend. We had a busy one complete with a "Mommy-Son" date night on Saturday night. We went to see "The Wizard of Oz" during it's opening night.



However, before that we did some running around in the morning. I met my mom, dad, sister, brother, niece, and nephew at the Saturday morning farmer's market where I got some yummy produce. 

Saturday's haul: cherry tomatoes, 2 large slicing tomatoes, snap peas, green beans, and assorted hot peppers
Then after coming home to get the kids, I met them at the book warehouse (which is run by a group of volunteers and all the profits benefit the library programs.) At the warehouse you can stuff a grocery bag full of books for $5. I found a few treasures as did the kids. :) 

only a small portion of the warehouse

My books
After the book warehouse it was time to head home to rest up for the night adventures where we were of to see the wonderful Wizard of Oz. We had a wonderful evening. 

The boys and I-- 3 rows from the stage. Although right after this Ben abandoned us to sit one row up next to an older woman who had an extra seat and offered it to him so he could see better. 

Before the play started they let the kids come up on stage to take a bow.

All the actors, including Bill and Rebecca have worked really hard getting ready for the show, putting in really long hours of practice. They have been practicing for 6+ hours a day for the last 2 weeks... and countless hours before then. It really is a labor of love. I didn't take any pictures during the production, but I did "steal" a couple that included Rebecca from their preview shots that Broadway World Columbus shared on their website. (Bill was hidden in the photos posted).


Rebecca is right in the center with  the white skirt and green tank top shirt.

Rebecca is the Ozian in the back who is saluting

The production was a huge hit and very well done. The only complaint that I had was that I felt that the girl who played Glenda the Good Witch was not a good fit for the role; she looked the role but I didn't enjoy her acting. Other than that everyone did an amazing job! After the show all the characters were outside to do a meet and greet. Jacob wouldn't go near any of them except Dorothy and Toto. Ben wanted his picture with all of them. LOL 

Winkie Bill, my boys and my Ozian Rebecca

Rebecca's Ozian costume

Mommy and Ozian Rebecca selfie

Ben and Glenda the Good Witch

Ben and the Wizard of Oz

Ben and the Wicked Witch. This actress was FANTASTIC! She made the witch her own-- think glamorous, evil witch. 

Ben and the Tin Man

Ben and the Cowardly Lion. This was another amazing actor. He was perfect for the role.

Jacob, Scarecrow, Dorothy and Toto, and Ben
Yesterday, I missed church as I was so tired. I spent the day doing laundry and cleaning up the house. It was just the boys and I at home as Bill and Rebecca were at the theater from 11:30AM to almost 6PM for Sunday's performance. I was going to mow the grass (yes I still haven't done it!) but again I ran out of time. That is on my list of things to do today-- in fact it is what I am going to do next since it isn't supposed to be as humid today. I have a long list of things to do today, so I guess I should wrap this up and get that list started. Have a wonderful Monday! 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful memory for your husband and daughter to be in a play together! And how fun to get to watch them perform. Sounds like you had a fun but exhausting weekend and needed that rest yesterday. I walked outside this morning and realized I also need to mow but I'm not sure I'll get to it today. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your daughter has the acting "bug" and think the father /daughter duo is just a bonus!

    ReplyDelete