Tuesday, July 2, 2019

More decluttering, Rebecca's new glasses, and playing

Yesterday afternoon I ended up getting more done than I thought. I actually got a burst of energy shortly after writing my blog post so I started tackling the "closet of doom" off the bathroom. I have written about it before and it is my nemesis. Maybe I was inspired by doing Rebecca's room or maybe I just wanted to not feel guilty about not doing anything. I don't know. Anyhow, it desperately needed a good cleaning. 





I spent a couple of hours in there (sweating like a pig as there is no a/c in the upstairs and it was HOT) and came out with 10 bags of donation items for Goodwill. I think the after pictures look good. Now to just keep it that way! (And I should add, it is not perfect as there are still a few totes and things to go through but that will wait to another cooler day!) 






I only stopped for a little bit to run Rebecca to Walmart to pick up her new glasses. She picked them out last week after her eye appointment and she loves them. 


Monday night Bill and Rebecca had play practice. I had to run Bill's work pants to him as he forgot them (and he leaves straight from practice to work). As we were coming home, I stopped at our church (as we literally pass right by it) to let the boys play on the playground. It was still close to 85 degrees at 8:30 at night but they had fun running around. 




We then came home and they took baths and relaxed until it was time to go pick Rebecca up from practice. She finally got done at 11:30. (Welcome to tech/ dress rehearsal week!). She came home, ate a snack, took a shower and was in bed around 1AM. 

Today, we are just relaxing here and keeping it low key. With Rebecca's and Bill's play schedule I am trying to make sure they have down time. Also it is another dangerously hot and humid day, with heat indexes reaching to 100 degrees. I have been reading blogs and relaxing this morning. I need to clean the bathrooms and deep clean the litter boxes today. So I might do that and then make the kids lunch, or maybe I will just chill and read for a bit. 

What are you up to today? Whatever it is make it a good one! 

8 comments:

  1. The closet looks great! I need to deep clean Son3's old closet. He has not lived here since 2013, and it is still filled with his junk. Time to at least get it boxed up and contained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Good luck with your son's closet. Sounds like our basement. There is stuff down there that we haven't touched since we moved in here 8 years ago.

      Delete
  2. It certainly looks much better. Good job. Rebecca's glasses look cute on her, but she is cute anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great closet. My office area needs tackling plus thinning our clothing again. Rebecca's glasses suit her pretty face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice space, however it becomes a catch all since it is off the bathroom and we are using it for storage mostly. Rebecca says thank you for the compliment. :)

      Delete
  4. Rebecca is growing up so fast. She is so lovely. Great job on the closet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is growing up too fast for my liking too! Thank you for the compliments.

      Delete