Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Menu Plan... Tuesday?

Happy Tuesday everyone! It's another cold one here today and it's a snow day for the kiddos. Last night they called for a 2 hour delay this morning as there is still snow and ice on the side roads, but then at 7:30 this morning they cancelled school for the day due to ice on the roads. The city road crews barely touched the side roads yesterday and those are the roads that the buses have to travel. The state routes in town look pretty good. Jacob and Ben were happy there is no school. Right now I am waiting for my babysitting kiddo's grandma to come pick her up. She was dropped off at 7 this morning as her mom has to be at work at 7:30 so before they cancelled school. It is what it is.  

Today, I want to get some laundry done. I also told the boys that I would take them outside after lunch if the weather warms up a bit. Also, last night I realized that I forgot to post about my menu plan yesterday, so today will become Menu Plan Tuesday. 

Last week, what I had planned and what we ate: 

  • Monday: Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup and grilled cheese

  • Tuesday: Chicken pot pies and salad 

  • Wednesday: Tacos
  • Thursday: Baked Denver Omelet, hash browns, English muffins, fruit
  • Friday: Make your own pizza
  • Saturday: ??? We had hot dogs and baked beans and chips
I didn't do too bad last week. We had a lot of convenience foods, which wasn't that good but we ate and that is what matters. This week, I am trying to make some heartier, cold weather food since it is snowy and cold. This week we will be eating:
  • Sunday: Beef Stew and cornbread (using beef from freezer as I was not about to pay $22 for 2 lbs of stew meat at the store!) 
  • Monday: Tex-Mex Chicken in the crockpot over rice
  • Tuesday: Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes, tator tots in air fryer, and fruit
  • Wednesday: Baked pork loin, steamed red potatoes and green beans, crescent rolls
  • Thursday: Smoked sausage potato bake and applesauce
  • Friday: Frozen pizzas and fruit
  • Saturday: ?? I am unsure as the boys have basketball and Rebecca has a choir ensemble competition, so it may be fend for yourself. 
 What are you eating this week? What are your plans for today?  

5 comments:

  1. I have stew meat in my freezer, do you have a good beef stew recipe? Hoping I didn't pay $22 for it, YIKES. Pretty sure I didn't. We had spaghetti last night (last minute menu change) and are finally having ribs in the crockpot tonight-they've been in the freezer forever, good day for them here as it's supposed to be almost 50 and then, get super cold again. Your menu for the week looks great. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your menu sounds really good! And I am with you, you ate and that is really all that matters!
    I hope you are feeling much better now and can stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting a good old fashion beef stew, but seeing the price has had me back down. I guess it might be a chicken stew instead. o harm in a week of convenience foods. I'm relaying on my freezer and the crockpot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Your meal plan sounds delicious! We had good old fashioned Tuna and Noodles last night! With peas, applesauce, and butter bread. Would you believe my entire family loves that meal? Rhett said it was his childhood on a plate! Tonight is the tilapia I planned last night. Madison wanted to have some and she is coming tonight. Enjoy your snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "But we ate, and that is what matters." Seriously, sometimes I wish all the keto-following, Bento Box lunch packing, organic only parents would go pound tar. Not only did you eat, but you cooked at home to boot.
    Last night, I did something new. I made a homemade macaroni and cheese, which DH gave rave reviews. I used a mixture of cheddar and the remains of a gouda wheel left over from the holidays for the cheese sauce, Penne pasta, and baked it with a generous amount of cracker/melted butter topping.
    We were supposed to have New York strip steaks on Saturday for our anniversary, but the kid who was in charge of grilling was ill, and nobody else stepped up. The "Grillmaster" cooked them on Sunday. We are a family who likes rare to medium rare, but kid accedentally cooked these beyond well done, to what we called the point of congratulations! (They caught fire when he came into the house for a few moments.) They were hilariously bad. Monday morning, in a desire to redeem himself, he woke up early, and ran to the local supermarket to buy some more. Those are now in the refrigerator, waiting for him to try again. None of us felt like eating steak last night, though, hence the macaroni and cheese.

    ReplyDelete