Monday, January 31, 2022

What are we eating around here?

 Happy Monday everyone! Did you survive the weekend? Ours was quite busy as usual, with my running the kids all over. It is the season of life we are in, and I am not complaining. 

Today, the sun was out, and it was rather warm out at 38 degrees! LOL Considering it was in the teens and single digits over the last week, we shall take it. It is supposed to be 48 tomorrow, before rain and potential winter storm is supposed to hit Wednesday night through Friday. They have already issued a Winter Storm Watch for that time period so we will probably get something. I just don't want to get the ice that they are talking about. 

On to a different subject: what are we eating this week? Well, here is what we are eating, and I am putting the gluten-free modifications in there as well in case anyone is interested. 

Monday: Loaded baked potatoes (with butter, cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onions) and chicken nuggets (gluten free ones for Ben and I.)

Tuesday: Chicken enchiladas (make a couple using corn tortillas for Ben and me, use homemade gluten free cream of chicken soup)

Wednesday: Potato soup and salad (use gluten free cream of chicken soup)

Thursday: Smoked sausage and potato bake and green beans

Friday: Pizza (gluten free cheese for Ben and me)

Saturday: Homemade big macs (using gluten free buns for Ben and me) and French fries

Sunday:?? 

So, there you have it. I have found that we haven't really found any gluten-free items that we haven't like so far. I am interested to see how this cream of chicken soup turns out. I will run to the store tomorrow to get bread and buns and another gallon of milk before the craziness hits the stores on Wednesday. 

What are you eating this week? Any winter storms going on in your area? 

7 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds great, I sort of fly by the seat of my pants every week. But I keep the pantry and freezer stocked with ingredients for our regular meals. It's a lot easier cooking now that it's just my husband and I.
    We're expecting a winter storm to hit Wednesday night through Thursday with snow and ice. That means for us Texans we are homebound. But that's alright, I still enjoy seeing snow!
    I'm curious about The Bible in a Year study you are doing, is this a free app or a website? -Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl. The Bible in a Year is a free podcast that you can download on your favorite apps. I actually watch/listen to it on YouTube. Search for Bible in a Year with Fr. Mike Smitz. I am really enjoying it so far and have made connections that I never realized. Hope you guys don't get hit too hard with this storm. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I have added him to my youtube list.

      Delete
  2. We're getting hit with a winter storm right now. A lot of schools and businesses closed today. Hooray for a snow day! I think I'm going to make beef stew in the crock pot here in a bit though I was really craving potato soup like crazy last night as the rain was falling (thankfully, the temps stayed high enough that we didn't get ice under the snow that's falling now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a snow day today! Woke up to ice everywhere. And it is still sleeting as I type this. Supposed to become snow later. Thankfully Bill was already off today. It is so strange to not hear a bunch of traffic on our main road. I think a lot of people called off today. I'm hoping we don't lose power later.

      Delete
  3. This is interesting information. They tell us how to spend a Monday. It's a nice article. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Now it's time to get Vfix services https://www.vfixphonesandtech.com/ for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone loves the weekends because this is the time everyone is waiting for. So Monday is the day that everyone hates. It is a good way to make the Monday a good day. Thanks for sharing this with us. I really appreciate that. Now it's time to avail long distance taxi uk for more information.

    ReplyDelete