Thursday, January 13, 2022

Haircut before and after (Day 13/365)

Happy Thursday everyone! How is your week going? First, I wanted to share this beautiful sunrise we had yesterday morning! It was absolutely stunning outside my kitchen window.




I am currently sitting here on my couch, listening to Rebecca and her friend giggling as they are watching videos on their phones. This week was midterm exams for the high school and today Rebecca and her friend only had one. Originally, they were supposed to get out of school at 9:10AM this morning, but we had a 2 hour delay this morning due to black ice and slippery roads, so they got done at 11:20. Rebecca is so glad to be done with her first round of midterms. The boys were not happy that Rebecca got to get out of school early, lol. 

I am feeling somewhat better. Still coughing, although not as much. Still blowing yellow crap out of my sinuses. Thankfully the kids have a four-day weekend so I can rest some more. 

I mentioned on Tuesday that I was scheduled to get my haircut on Wednesday. Well, I almost chickened out. I need to make some changes and step out of my comfort zone this year. I just feel called to make changes. And I would say that this haircut was a huge change for me. I have always had longish hair. My dad didn't allow me to cut my hair, other than a trim until I was 18. The day I turned 18 I got it cut into a shoulder length bob and it has pretty much been shoulder length or mid-length ever since. Well, I went in and told Ashlie, the hairstylist, that I wanted short, sassy and not fluffy. I needed something completely different than anything I have ever done before. I will say she delivered. So here was my hair the night before:



And this was after: 




She cut so much hair off! I think that I shocked so many people, but it felt freeing. Seriously. It makes me feel like I am different person. Bill said he feels like he is cheating on his wife. LOL.


 

It is super simple to style too. I let it air dry this morning and this is how it ended up. I need to get some pomade that helps the front stay down, but I really do like the hairstyle. It is part of my saying yes to things outside my comfort zone this year. 

What else has been going on? 

Well, Bill finally got the outside Christmas lights taken down. I think that means that all the Christmas stuff is put away as of now. My mom seems to be doing better with her COVID diagnosis. She still can't taste or smell but is coughing somewhat less and has more energy. She is supposed to be cleared for work as of tomorrow by her doctor. This weekend I am hoping to get to go to the boys' basketball games. Rebecca starts youth group back up again this Sunday as well. I have 3 books that I need to post about that I have read in last 2 weeks. They have all been really good. Maybe I will post about them tomorrow....

Well, I should be off and work on folding laundry before its time to start picking the boys up from school. I hope everyone is having a good Thursday!  

6 comments:

  1. You are so cute with short hair!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me the biggest advantage of short hair is the time it take (or doesn't take) to be ready to go. I can have mine dried in about 4 minutes now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sunrise photos! Congrats to Rebecca for finishing her first round of finals. My boys had those right before the holidays, & it was intense.

    I really like the cut - I think it looks really updated & imagine it is so much easier to style! I'm thinking of going the opposite direction (ha, not a wig, I guess) & coloring my hair for the first time in a really long time. I just want a few highlights to hide the gray. Surprisingly, it's been a really hard choice & I've bailed numerous times! And, now my hairdresser has been out sick, so the wait continues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks gorgeous, that style really looks great on you. Good for you and being brave with a big change. Glad your mom is doing better with her COVID.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say that I love your long hair and all the curliness. I would kill for hair like yours! However, that cut is really cute on you. I am glad you love it since so much came off. I would never be that brave. Now, you and Rebecca both have cute, short cuts, low maintenance.

    ReplyDelete