Sunday, January 9, 2022

Bronchitis and a beautiful Sunset (Day 9/2022)

Happy Sunday everyone! 

This morning I woke up in a coughing fit and had trouble catching my breath for a moment so decided to not wait until tomorrow to go the doctor. I headed to Urgent Care and arrived there at 8:10. They opened at 8 and I was still there for over an hour when I got called in. They have their patients waiting in their cars with beepers. Anyhow, the nurse did a COVID test although it was just a precaution and then the doctor came in. His diagnosis: Bronchitis. Since I have been sick for several weeks and it is getting worse, he gave me a cough medicine in pill form, a steroid, an antibiotic (since it is getting worse and there was some congestion in my nose), and a cough medicine in liquid form to use if coughing keeps me up night. He also wants me off work through Tuesday. So, it looks like another week off work for me. Rebecca has finals this week and she gets out early on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday so I can't work those days as my work hours overlap when she is done. There is no school on Friday. 

The rest of today, I came home and waited for my prescriptions to be done. It took CVS two hours to fill the prescriptions; they were that busy. After I picked my medicine up, I napped on the couch for about 1.5 hours while the boys played and watched TV. Then I had to help Ben make a poster for a school project he is doing. Dinner was easy as I put a turkey tenderloin in the oven, made a box of stuffing and opened up corn and carrots to heat up. Super easy although I was super tempted to get Bill to go get fast food. 



Tonight, we were sitting in the living room and Ben pointed out our side window that the sky was pretty. The sunset tonight was gorgeous. I went outside and took this picture from my front porch. 

In a bit, I will take another dose of my cough meds and then probably go to bed. My alarm goes off way too early on Mondays. 

4 comments:

  1. The sunset photo is gorgeous and I am glad you had something beautiful for your day.
    Take care of yourself, rest and don't worry about missing work.
    Good luck to Rebecca on her finals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- gorgeous view. I hope your medication kicks in early for relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel much better, make sure you take care of yourself and get some rest. That sky is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous!!!!
    I hope and pray you feel better soon.
    Rest, my friend.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete