Thursday, January 6, 2022

Cold, Decluttering, and a need for Kitchen Chairs (Day 6/365)

Happy Thursday everyone from my COLD world! This morning when I took the kids to school it was 12 degrees outside, and real feel was 5 degrees. That is so cold especially considering on the new year it was in the 60s. Oh well, they say in Ohio if you wait 5 minutes the weather will change. It started lightly snowing when I picked the kids up from school, but I doubt if we will get any accumulation.

This week has been strange since I haven't been working. Since mom tested positive on Monday, I am considered a close contact with mom. I have to not work for 5 days, then I can go back on the 6th day, but I have to be symptom free according to our school districts guidelines. Well, I am still coughing. 

If there is any good news, I tested negative on an at home test. Bill went to Urgent Care on Tuesday after work after his boss said she wanted him tested again. He tested negative again. Today finally he is not coughing as much and seems almost back to normal. I am still coughing (not as much) but it is still noticeable, and I get out of breath pretty quickly. 

I have been slowly decluttering my things in our bedroom as I have the energy to. I decluttered my nightstand. There was SO much stuff in the drawers. I also went through my dresser and closet and got rid of clothes that I didn't like and that didn't fit me correctly. I have a large box and trash bag full of donations. 







Today, Bill and I went searching for some new kitchen chairs. 2 of the 4 that we have fell apart yesterday. We went to Walmart, our local Habitat for Humanity restore, Goodwill and a used furniture store in another local community. We found 1 usable chair for $10 that we bought just so we have enough seats for everyone. I will look online for sale priced new chairs, I guess. We also went out for lunch at a new to me restaurant-- The Hangout. While the service was a bit slow (due to them only have 2 waitresses for the whole place) the food was yummy! Their onion rings were amazing!

 


As for the rest of today, the boys have basketball practice tonight along with team pictures. Should be interesting as Jacob's coaches are out with COVID and who knows how many kids will be there. It is what it is, I guess. 

Well, I need to go start dinner. I am making quesadillas for the kids. How's your day going? What are you having for dinner? Anyone have any suggestions on good places to find wooden kitchen chairs?  

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you are getting a lot done around there. My husband & older son tested positive for Covid last night so I can't work for a while either. Not even sure what the guideline is at my work anymore. I agreed to work for someone on the 21st because that seemed far enough out. Good luck with your kitchen chairs. Around here, the big place to shop for furniture is Nebraska Furniture Mart, not sure if there's one of those in your area? I have coworkers who've had some amazing success on Facebook Marketplace with furniture as well. Hope you have a great Thursday night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry about your son and husband. I hope your other son and you are good. I haven't had any luck on Facebook Marketplace as it seems everyone wants to make tons of money for junk.

      Delete
  2. Hi there!
    You are inspiring me to start cleaning out some places around here!
    Have you checked Wayfair?
    We get a lot of things there (online) and are always happy.
    I made Impossible Cheeseburger Pie for dinner. The one on the back of the Bisquick box?
    It was delicious! Even Flynn, my picky eater, had two pieces!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out Wayfair. Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  3. I got four chairs from a junk pile on the side of the road where a home was being gutted. They are sturdy! But, a serendipitous find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a serendipitous find. Good for you!

      Delete
  4. I have found some chairs on the FB sale site. I bought a few additional chairs for when the whole clan is here and love the smaller profile of the Facebook chairs, so I am looking for some similar ones to replace our larger dining room chairs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I have been scanning our local Facebook sale sites and everything is way overpriced or junk.

      Delete