Monday, January 10, 2022

Monday happenings and Menu Plan (Day 10/365)

Happy Monday friends! 

Thank you for your kind wishes for my health. I am doing somewhat better today. I am still coughing, but it seems like my coughs are more productive so hopefully the medicine is working. Speaking of medicine, this is the medicine I had to take this morning... crazy.



Bill surprised me yesterday with a small bear when he got home from work. It is really cute. 



Today was COLD and it is supposed to be even colder tomorrow :( Oh well it's winter and we need to deal. 

Today I woke up feeling not so worn out which is a good thing. I didn't sleep well last night as 3 of my medicines cause you not to be able to sleep. I was awake for several hours last night overnight. Oh well. It is what it is. 

I took kids to school this morning and then went to the grocery store. We were almost out of milk, we had 4 apples and 1 pear as far as fresh fruit and were out of chips and other snacks for the kids, etc. I figured there wouldn't be too many people out at 9am and I was right. I was able to get my groceries, noticing that our local Kroger was out of a lot of things, and it seems to be getting worse. After I came home, I talked to my mom on the phone while I was putting groceries away. She is doing okay. She said she still has no energy, can't taste or smell anything, and is tired of coughing. She is glad though that her headache finally subsided so that is making her feel a little better. 

After I finished putting dishes away, I made some lunch and listened to my daily Bible in a year podcast that I am listening to this year. Today was about the birth of Isaac and the story of Abraham and Sarah and sending Hagar and her son out of Abrahams life. I am learning so much through this podcast that I had never really thought about before. 

I then had to set out to pick kids up from school and take Jacob to choir. While he is in choir, I sat in my van and read some of my current book I am reading. The hour seemed to fly by. Then it was home to make an easy dinner of Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. 

Speaking of dinners, this is what I was planning last week and how we did.

  • Monday: Spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread (using up frozen buns in the freezer)

  • Tuesday: Chili and crackers

  • Wednesday: Ritz Cracker chicken, Velveeta shells and cheese, green beans

  • Thursday: Quesadillas, cucumbers and carrot chips (We had this but I didn't take a photo)
  • Friday: Frozen pizzas and fruit (Bill and the kids had this, I didn't eat as I wasn't feeling good.)
  • Saturday: Chicken nuggets, corn and fruit for kids. Date night for Bill and I. (Kids had this and Bill and I had subs from Jersey Mike's)
  • Sunday: Baked pork chops with carrots and onions, Pasta-Roni pasta, green beans, crescent rolls  Baked turkey tenderloin, green beans, carrots, stuffing
This week it is all about ease as it is a busy week and with me not feeling well that is just how it is going to be. So this week the plan is: 
  • Monday: Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup and grilled cheese

  • Tuesday: Chicken pot pies and salad
  • Wednesday: Tacos
  • Thursday: Baked Denver Omelet, hash browns, english muffins, fruit
  • Friday: Make your own pizza
  • Saturday: ???
Now, I am just relaxing and getting tired. I think it will be an early bedtime for me tonight. What have you been to today? Is is cold where you are? What are you eating this week? 

1 comment:

  1. I think I'll just come to your house for dinner. Ha. It's been cold here but thankfully, we are warming up and getting some nice weather this week. Cute bear and wow, that's a lot of medicine. I forgot to thaw the ribs I planned to make today so I have no idea what we'll do tonight, maybe move the tacos I had planned for Thursday up a few days.

    ReplyDelete