Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kids' Evening Routine

The end of the day is crazy. Trying to get both kids in bed by 9:00 was a fantasy for as long as I can remember. Trying to get Rebecca to help clean up was a fantasy most nights. We REALLY needed a routine. So like I came up with the morning routine, I decided to also come up with a Night Time 5!

Let me tell you, this works SO much better than having no routine at all!


Our Night Time 5 starts at 8:00pm. At 8:00 the t.v. gets turned off (if there is a show that Bill or I want to watch, that is why we have a DVR). Rebecca then gets started with her 5, while I am getting Jacob into his pajamas and reading him a couple of stories before bed. I put him to bed around 8:15-8:25 or so. Then I help Rebecca complete her Night Time 5.

  1. Clean up toys and books. (This consists of putting toys back in bins and books back on the shelf in the family room)
  2. Brush your teeth.
  3. Take a bath.
  4. PJs on and read a story (or 2).
  5. Go to bed (by 9:00).
So far this week, this has worked perfectly! There have been no tantrums and no being too sleepy that she is whiny after her bath.

I am LOVING these routines!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment