Friday, April 14, 2017

April Decluttering Goal: The kids' bedrooms

One of my goals for 2017 is to give our home a deep decluttering. As I mentioned in my New Year's Goals post,  I want to take a room a month and really give it a good cleaning and decluttering. In January, I chose my nemesis-- the room/closet off of the bathroom. And I am pleased to say that I was able to declutter it completely! In February and March, I worked on our master bedroom. While I didn't finish it completely it is in much better condition and is much more of a calm and relaxing place!

So for April, I decided to tackle the kids' rooms. I chose to do both rooms this month as I want to get them cleaned and decluttered before summer and since I have to switch out winter and summer clothes this month, it seemed like the perfect opportunity.

On Saturday, their first day of Spring Break, I spent the day cleaning, organizing and rearranging both rooms.

I started with Rebecca's room. It was a disaster.






I really needed to rearrange her room so that she could close her door for privacy when she gets dressed, as well as so she can keep the cats out of her room as they like to go in her room and play with whatever she has left laying out (which is usually a lot).




Rebecca did have to help me with this! And she admitted that it wasn't as bad as she thought it was going to be.





After Rebecca's room was all said and done, I tackled the boys' room. I think theirs might have been in worse shape than Rebecca's room.




And of course they wanted their room rearranged because I had rearranged their sister's room. I also switched their dressers and they each now have a bookcase of their own near their beds.  





So much better. The boys love their room and that their beds are closer together!

All told, I got a bag of trash out of each room and a bag of stuff to donate out of each room. I still need to go through their clothes but that will be for next week!

2 comments: