Thursday, March 3, 2011

Letters of Intent--- March 4, 2011

Foursons


Foursons has a great weekly feature that she runs, called Letters of Intent. In it, she invites readers to write their own letters of intent and to link them up to her post. This week I have decided to join in....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Erin,

I am so sorry that you lost your mom unexpectedly this week. She was a truly wonderful lady. I will remember her welcoming me into your home in high school and helping me fix my dress the night of our senior prom. She will be so missed. If you need anything, please let me know ASAP!

Rachel
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Bill,

I will not apologize for coming home at 10:45pm from a viewing for my friend's deceased mother. I will not apologize for not calling to let you know that I was supposedly running late. I will not apologize for being offended when you got upset because I was late in your eyes. I am NOT your 18 year old daughter who missed her curfew! I happen to be your 31 year old wife who needed to be there for a friend tonight at a funeral home that is 1 hour and 15 minutes away. If anything,  YOU should have planned better for the work that you had to do. Don't take your anger and frustration out on me!

Rachel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mother Nature,

Remember my letter from last week. Well maybe you weren't listening. I asked you to please make up your mind about the weather. Well apparently you didn't because not only did we have more ice, more snow and freezing temperatures..you had to go and 2 days later give up very warm weather (60 degrees) for this time of year along with severe thunderstorms with torrential rain, flooding and tornado warnings. That is NOT OK. I hear that we are supposed to have more rain and flooding this weekend. Thanks so much. You know we have to deal with skyrocketing gas prices, skyrocketing grocery prices, a government that may shut down in 2 weeks, crazy world leaders, and other issues. We SHOULDN'T have to worry about the weather. Please, please, please make up your mind.

Rachel
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To read more letters of Intent please visit Foursons.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

    I hope Mother Nature, listens to your LoI.

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing a parent is heart-breaking. I know (from personal experience)that your friend appreciates your support.

    Sorry about the weather. I hope it listens to you or that the gas prices go down. Either way I'm happy.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete