Friday, March 18, 2011

Letters of Intent

Foursons


Foursons has a great weekly feature that she runs, called Letters of Intent. In it, she invites readers to write their own letters of intent and to link them up to her post. This week I have decided to join in....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Relatives,

I don't understand how what my hubby put on facebook was offensive to you. This is what he put:

"Lots of people are saying they can't give to Japan's relief efforts because the economy's bad, or other recent tragedies etc. How about this: instead of that LAST beer you're having on St. Paddy's Day, put that $4 in your pocket, take it home, put it in an envelope and send it to some Japan relief charity. If a few million partiers do this, how many millions of $$$ can we raise? Repost and spread the word"

If this is offensive in any way to the Irish heritage please let me know how. I don't understand how this is offensive. He is basically just saying instead of overindulging, think of those who are in need. He could have used ANY holiday; it just so happens that this holiday falls this week. I am Irish and I am proud to be Irish. I am proud that Gram came over from Ireland and paved the way for our family. I DON'T have to drink green beer to celebrate. And if drinking green beer is a must for one to be considered Irish, well then I guess you can just reject me from the family. And Bill didn't say Not to drink at all, he just said instead of that LAST beer....

Maybe this type of attitude is why I don't come to many family reunions/ gatherings.

Tired of being criticized for not drinking beer all the time,
Rachel


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To read more letters of Intent please visit Foursons.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, who knew what can of worms you were opening?! That seems like such a silly thing to get upset over. I'm guessing they felt judged for drinking. Hopefully it will all blow over soon.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping in to say HI from SusieQTpies Scraps of LIfe! Thanks for following me in our Wednesday Friendly Blog hop! I'm finally catching up and following back!

    Sorry to hear of your FB issue. I'm totally with you on this!

    Have a great week! Stop in again! Susie

    ReplyDelete