Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Weigh In Wednesday #14

Picture Source

Seriously Mother Nature is off her rocker. We had a nice Easter with sunshine before it started getting cloudy later in the afternoon. We got home just as it started snowing. We woke up to 2-3 inches of snow on the ground on Monday. Yesterday it was close to 68 degrees and raining all day with thunderstorms that led to flooding. We got lucky that none of the storms here were severe, there was a tornado about an hour south of us. We did get LOADS of rain though and thus this morning the kids had a 2 hour delay as numerous county roads are flooded. As I type this up, I am looking out the window to snowflakes falling and temperatures are in the low 30s. Seriously, Mother Nature needs to get it together. I am ready for Spring.

Photo Source

Okay my rant about the weather is over. Let's see how the past week went exercise and eating wise. First, let's see what the scale said this week::


Official Starting Weight (1/3/18): 241.0
My weight last week: 239.2
My weight this week: 238.8
Weight loss from last week: -0.4 pounds!! 
Total weight loss for 2018: -2.2 pounds! 

Heading in the right direction. Not a huge loss but it is a loss. I will take it, considering I was still on Spring Break with the kids last week and it was Easter and I didn't eat great that day-- I am looking at you frosted cookies! It is a new week, the kids are back to school and hopefully I get into a routine with eating and not snacking so much. Like I said, I am glad the scale is going down again. 





On the exercise front: I mentioned in my 2018 goals post that I wanted to walk 3 days a week. Since there are 52 weeks in a year, that means my goal is to walk 156 times over the course of the year. 

Well since I last posted a Weigh In Wednesday post, I did the following walks:

March 31-- 1.19 mile walk at the Ohio Bird Sanctuary

So that means I am now at 20 out of 156 workout walks completed for the year! I have to figure out how to get some more walks in.





I also have continued with the Jillian Michaels "Beginner Shred" DVD. I am currently on day #9 and I have noticed a difference in my strength. The first few days it was really hard and I hurt all over. Today, I did workout #1 for the 9th day in a row (you do it for 10 days before moving onto workout 2) and I really noticed a difference. Day 1 I could not do any pushups and I could only do a modified plank for about 2-3 seconds at a time. Today I was able to do 5 pushups in a row and I was able to do the plank regularly for 20 seconds! I feel stronger and that is what is important to me. It feels so good to follow through on something.


So overall, I am happy with this week. I feel re-energized with what I am doing and recommitted. I am excited to see how I will feel when I am done with the first 30 days of the Beginner Shred program. I can do this! I feel like I am getting back on track and moving in the right direction. Now if only Mother Nature would follow suit! LOL 

If you are trying to lose weight or get healthier, how is your journey going so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment