Thursday, April 19, 2018

Babysitting update, flag football, pizzas, and weather

So much going on around here. We are heading into super busy season with end of the school year, etc. I am really trying to savor each moment, but it has been hard at times. Before I do a quick update of some of the things going on, I thought I'd do a quick update to the babysitting job. Yesterday was my last day with her. I just can't take the stress that she causes and I have tried everything to help her, however she continued to cry every time I would put her down. Her mom thinks that it is a case of severe separation anxiety, however wants to place the blame on everyone else. They are going to try to see if a friend of theirs with a small child herself would work with Baby A. I wish them all the luck.  My husband says that I have been a much better person this week when I haven't had her. 

Now onto what else has been going on....

The kids are participating in a local flag football league. This past Saturday was their first games. 


Benjamin plays for the Panthers. 


Jacob plays for the Beavers. 


Rebecca plays for the Warriors. She is the only girl in her level. I am proud to say that on Saturday she completed a couple passes and she caught a touchdown pass!


The other night the boys were watching TV and I looked up to see this. Brotherly love! They are the best of friends one minute and are at each other's throats the next minute. LOL 


This week the kids' school has partnered with a local pizza shop to do a fundraiser for the school. All the kids at the school decorated a pizza box and you could get your pizza in the box and 15% of the price would go to the school. So we ordered pizza for dinner on Wednesday night. The kids were excited to get pizza in their boxes. 




Finally, could someone PLEASE tell Mother Nature that it is April 19? This is the scene that we woke up to this morning. More snow. Thankfully, it stopped snowing shortly after I took the kids to school and the sun came out this afternoon. The local weather people are predicting that this would be the last snow for this Spring. We shall see. I am not holding my breath. LOL 


Well, I need to get off of here and get the kids ready for football pictures and practices tonight. Hope everyone has a good evening! 

2 comments:

  1. The 22 is the latest day on record that we have had frost. Tonight they issued a light freeze alert. I am tired of this!
    I hope the kids have a ball with their football. Go Rebecca__girl power!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We might be getting out of winter-maybe!. I hope the family accepts a referral for medical or developmental screening for the baby. There be supportive options to help the poor baby, family, and caregivers.

    ReplyDelete